Rolls of thunder, hear my cry

As Elena got into her PJ's she couldn't ignore the sound of the constant rain tumbling down on the roof above her.

She looked outside the window, seeing a tire swing and smiled sadly, but frowned again as more thunder began rolling and lightning struck, causing her to cry out and run into bed under her covers.

She grabbed her teddy bear and cuddled it close to her, closing her eyes and wishing to feel comforted once again.

~FlashBack~

Elena fixed the blankets and made a tunnel with them as damon watched confused.

"Lena what is this?" He asked curiously.

Elena looked at him shocked.

"Giuseppe has never shown you how to make a fort?!" Elena exclaimed.

Damon nodded silently and waited awhile to speak up. "My father doesn't teach me much things 'Lena. But you wouldn't understand that quite yet." He explained and looked down.

Elena frowned and walked over to him as she finished off her fort.

"Prince Damon, i heard what happened to Mr. Thomas.. So i have Mr. Snuggles. I want you to borrow him!" Elena said and smiled taking out her teddy bear.

Mr. Thomas was Damon's stuffed lion, but Mary had gotten rid of it after damon turned ten.

Damon took hold of the bear and smiled.

"Thank you 'Lena, maybe we can share him."

Elena looked confused.

"How could we share Mr. Snuggles?" She asked.

Just then a flash of lighting struck through the blinds followed by roars of thunder making Elena's eyes widen and run under the forts protection.

"'Lena?" Damon questioned crawling down into the fort, settling beside her. "Whats wrong?" He asked worriedly as elena looked at him, her doe eyes filled with fear.

"The thunder." She muttered and shook her head.

Damon picked up a free blanket and wrapped it around Elena and him, then gave elena Mr. Snuggles. " Im here 'lena. The thunder wont hurt you, i wont let that happen." He explained taking out a chocolate bar from his pocket. "We'll always be stronger. If its to the depths of the oceans to the roll of thunders and lighting flashes in the sky!" Damon exclaimed and split the candy bar in two halves, handing Elena a half.

"What happens when you leave me, prince damon?" Elena asked half joking, half serious.

Damon's brows furrowed and he took her small hand in his. "Im not leaving you, Princess. Never will." He said and smiled, eliciting a giggle from Elena.

~End FlashBack~

Elena opened her eyes fast.

She was fighting back tears as she kneeled down by her bedside, and prayed to a God she only hoped was out there.

"Uh- um.. Dear Lord? Yeah.. That sounds good. I was just asking you, if Prince Damon and Steffie would come back soon. I really miss them." Elena said nervously tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I miss them a whole lot.. And i cant run my kingdom without them. So, please bring them back... Thank you? A-amen." Elena said the last part unsurely, but she had to have hope.

She crawled back into bed as the thunder crackled, as tears rolled down her cheeks, and as sweet memories ran through her mind.