The Beginning

"I'm just a boy but i wanna be a king, be a king, be a king," Klaus sung-hummed to himself as he sat in the interrogation room the next morning.

Just then Caroline walked into the doors and took her seat.

"Klaus Mikaelson. Correct?"

"Yes, and you might be?" Klaus began.

"Ah ah, you dont ask questions. You answer them. Now, when did you and Damon meet?" She questioned.

Klaus sighed and leaned back. "About 1999. We were teenagers.." He shrugged and looked at Caroline.

"And...?" Caroline continued stressing on the subject while Klaus grew uncomfortable.

"And we've known each other since." Klaus finished.

"How did you meet?"

"Military school."

Caroline raised an eyebrow at his statement and wrote some notes on her notebook.

"You don't seem like a military kind of guy."

"Parents punishment. As well as Damon. Both different reasons, I was the rebel of the family and Damon was his fathers slave." Klaus said monotonously.

"So you and him got to be friends?"

"We hated eachother."

"So what happened?"

"One thing happened that we were in common of. Problem solvers, we were great at hiding our tracks. Found only when we wanted to be." Klaus began looking through the glass again, completely aware that Elena was behind it.

"May i ask how Elena feels about the disappearance of Damon?" Klaus asked.

"Elena? Why are you bringing her up?"

"No need to get jealous," Klaus chuckled and looked at Caroline once again. "I was just wondering. She's looking pretty interested in every fact i'm saying."

"Mr. Mikaelson, how can you see Elena?"

Klaus smirked and looked back at the glass, directly at Elena who was now wide-eyed on the other side.

"Remember I told you. Damon is only found when he wants to be. Otherwise you can kiss this pity little case goodbye." Klaus said harshly, narrowing his eyes.

"Well, that concludes this session." Caroline said rushing out of the room.

Just then the phone rang and Elena picked it up.

"Hello?" She said the best she could get out.

"I'm always around, Elena. Don't forget that," a velvety voice said on the other end.

Elena knew just who it was.

Damon was knew just what they were talking about, exactly where they were, and exactly what she was thinking at that moment.

Its the beginning of war.