A Second Escape

"100 bottles of beer on the wall, 100 bottles of beer, take one down pass it around 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down pass it around 98 bottles of beer on the wall," Damon continued his song until he was at one, hoping for some entertainment, but to no avail.

"As you can see Damon probably won't be the easiest to question. He's one of the top killers, top criminals out there, April. We ask that you be completely ready." Damon listened in on Elijah's and Aprils conversation and almost jumped out of his bed.

April Young? Not Elena. Perfect. Elena didn't want to help him because of the past things that he had done, but she had no clue what he was capable of in the future.

He smirked to himself and walked over to the jail bars in front of him.

"Damon," Elena said surprised.

"Elena," he purred. "Can i come out now?" He almost begged. He would've got down on his knees if he even had a chance, but he knew Elena. She wouldn't give in that easily.

"No can do. April is gonna be interroga-" Elena began but Damon cut her off before she could finish.

"I know who's interrogating me Elena," he snapped. "And i know she has to do it because you're too much of a coward."

Elena was taken aback and looked at him dumbfounded.

"What are you talking about Damon?"

"You backed out. You backed out because you're just the same scared little girl as you were," he snarled and held her captive under his gaze.

"T-thats not true, i wanted the-"

"You can cut off the bull shit Elena. I'm not a patient man. I don't appreciate liars. Did you know that?" Damon tilted his head and reached out of the bars, moving his hand closer to the lock as he spoke. "I can easily make things go my way. You shouldve known that by now, Elena," he finished taking a small piece of metal and beginning to pick the lock.

"Damon stop it," elena said and reached for his hand.

"Ohh E-L-E-N-A," damon said behind her, spelling out each letter of her name. "I don't expect you to come searching for me. It's not like you did the first go 'round," he whispered smoothly in her ear. "'Til next time sweetheart."

"No! DAMON!" She yelled but as she looked around she was alone.

"Elena what's wrong?! What is it?" Caroline's panicking voice said running down the hall to her.

"He's gone."