What's Rightfully Mine

"Damon," she said slowly as if to make sure she wasn't hallucinating.

He spread his arms wide and smirked. "The one and only."

"You're supposed to be dead." Elena said harshly and crossed her arms.

"Now now, lets not be feisty about this," he started walking closer to her.

With every step he took toward her, she moved one back, keeping her distance.

"Elena," he sing-songed and in a flash he was behind her. "I wont hurt you just yet," he whispered in her ear.

Although Elena wanted to be afraid, she wasn't. All she could remember was the little boy he used to be, and now he was a full blown killer. It took all she had not to relax and lean into him, but if someone saw, she would be known as the partner in crime.

"You're a murderer," She said and spun to face him.

"I wouldn't go that far.." He said circling her.

"Then what are you?! How do you expect anyone to like you like this!" She said motioning him.

Damon let out a bitter laugh then looked at her with dark eyes. "Oh sweet, innocent little Elena. Everybody loves me. How could they not? You dont know me anymore. Im not your prince, im not living in your little fairytale perfect life. I'm not a murderer." He explained brushing a strand of hair from her face making her flinch. "I'm simply a monster."

"Da-" she was about to continhe but felt a gush of wind, and as she looked around, he was gone.

~~~~ The Grill ~~~~

Elena laughed and drank another shot.

"You are the worst at this Matt!" She said between laughter.

"Im sorry im not used to consuming alcohol E-Le-Na," matt said hiccuping.

"You need some practice ill tell you that," elena giggled and stood up. "Lets dance."

Matt stumbled to his feet and took Elena's waiting hand. "Yes miss," he slurred and walked to the dance floor.

"I love this song!" Elena exclaimed and began dancing as Matt held her to him.

"Oh you do?" Matt laughed and stopped as soon as he began.

"Hello Matt, Elena." A velvety voice said walking to them both. "Mind if i cut in?" He asked.

"Uh- i dont- i think that-" Matt couldnt finish as Damon looked at him with piercing blue eyes, and after a moment of silence matt spoke again. "I think that would be just fine. See you later Elena."

Damon smirked at Elena's shocked yet confused expression and took the chance to pull her close to him.

"Hello again, Elena," he purred and wrapped one of his arms around her waist.

Elena struggled. "Hello Asshole," she growled and punched at his chest but Damon didn't budge.

"Stop it now." He snapped making elena freeze. "Better."

"What do you want?!" Elena said uneasily.

"Well i want alot of things Elena. But one of them includes continuing on my little trip, and we all know that needs a partner in crime. Give me Klaus back so you wont have to get involved." He explained smoothly.

"Do you think im crazy? If they find out i even came here and was talking with you I'd-" Elena began but was cut-off by sirens and flashing lights.

"EVERYONE PUT YOUR HANDS UP," a loud demanding voice said.

The Police.

"Come on, were getting out of here," Damon said taking her hand and moving towards the exit.

"Not so fast Salvatore." A female voice purred.

Elena groaned and turned to see Bonnie Bennett along with Katherine Pierce.

"Excuse me ladies, but i have to go and take whats rightfully mine," he tried again and continued moving with his hold on Elena.

"With her? How come we can't come also?" Bonnie whined and began to follow.

"OVER THERE!" The same voice that called earlier exclaimed running to capture damon, injecting him with an unknown substance.

Damon cried out and fell to his knees, causing the men who were there to grab him and drag him out of the grill.

But before that happened, Damon took one last glance at Elena. It wasn't just a normal look, but one full of hate and revenge.