Gareth

I must admit, the lesson was more interesting than I thought. Our teacher talked to us about the general meaning of art. I totally forgot that Mesut was sitting next to me, I got hooked on the lesson. Suddenly our teacher said "Ok, it's time for a break. Make sure you are back in 10 minutes.". Then she exited the class first. I stood up and walked outside, followed by Mesut. Suddenly I felt a tap at my shoulder. "What?" I asked. "Looks like you haven't made any friends. No one likes you, is that it?" He said, pretty offensive. "Ugh.. look first of all neither have you and secondly, I'm not in the mood of a fight.." I explained. "Hahaha.. Me? No new friends? Haha.. you see that blonde girl?" He said pointing that specific person. "Are you about to make a joke about my eye-witness or something?" I asked bored of his attitude these last days. "No! Can you see her?" He said pissed off. That made me kinda happy. "Of course I can! Am I blind or some shit?" I told him intensely. "I know her and some of her friends! I met them yesterday. I'm that social..!" He answered proudly. "Oh really? So you do?" I told him not convinced at all. There was no way he knew her or anyone else. I'm sure he is really shy, too awkward to talk to anyone. "Of course! Don't you believe me?" He asked, not that confident. "Of course I do.. yeah, sure.. Why don't you go greet her or something? I will be 100% sure like that." I told Mesut, almost like challenging him. I was really curious to see if he was telling the truth. "Umm.. fine.." he said and looked scared, in my opinion. Then he walked slowly to her. My curiosity was growing step by step. The blonde short girl suddenly turned to Mesut's side. She looked at him like he was some kind of psycho or something. That was hilarious!! You should have seen her face, it was like she saw a ghost or something! I laughed so hard. Then, the girl walked away. He walked back to my side. "You must be best friends!" I said still laughing my ass out. "Fine! I don't know her! But you also have no one, soo.." he answered. "I can make friends.. it's just not my forté." I told him. "Whatever you say.. I bet that you have no one except that friend of yours.. Elly..? Nelly..?" He said trying to remember her name. "It's Nelly and I tell you that by the end of the day I will be having some new friends!" I told him, as convincing as I could. "If you make at least one new friend, then.. Hmm.." he said trying to find a bet. "You will find a new spot at class." I told him. "That would be perfect, start searching immediately!" He told me and then he checked his watch. Then, he started walking to class again. "You could just tell me that break is over!" I yelled a little bit at him. He didn't answer. "No?.. Fine!" I replied mad. After that, I walked to class as well. As I walked in, I noticed groups of three to four people, gathered on a desk, talking and laughing. They were probably friends. And there was Mesut, alone at his desk (or should I say our desk), reading a book, probably related to photography. Maybe it wasn't that easy for me to make new friends. At that moment, I didn't know what to do. Sit next to him, walk to the others? Both of them would be really awkward. I heard footsteps behind me. I checked and it was our teacher. Thank God, I couldn't spent any time awkwardly. I walked inside the class and sat on the left side of Mesut. He closed his book and turned to me. "Made any new friend already?" He asked. "Umm you know it has been some minutes that you left me, you know I haven't made any new friends! You better start searching as well.." I challenged him. "I bet you, I can make a new friend quicklier than you!" He said, sure enough that he would make like ten friends when I'll have none. "Fine! Whoever makes a friend wins." I said. "Deal!" He agreed and then he shut up, the teacher started her lesson. This hour we were talking about art in the 17th century. Nothing modern, but still interesting. While the teacher was talking after half an hour, a guy on the desk behind me gave Mesut a piece of paper. A little one. Mesut grabbed it and opened it. When he was done reading it, he took an angry look and turned back. He whispered something like 'What the hell man?!'. When Mesut was back, I leaned to his side so I can read what the note said. '☜ Is she your girlfriend or something?' was written on. First I paid attention on how nice that little hand was sketched. He's probably a painter. Then, I understood what it actually meant. The fuck? "No, I'm not." I whispered to that guy, as more politely as I could. "Great!" he replied and then he paid attention again to the lesson. Mesut still had that angry and confused look. If he was my friend, I could make him forget it by saying different stuff, I'm good at it. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't. The lesson ended at 11 o' clock. I stood up and walked outside, alone this time. I had another 2 hours of lesson and 2 lessons each. School would be over at 13:20. As I was sitting at a bench, that guy with that note, from class came closely and sat next to him. "Sorry for earlier, hope you didn't feel awkward."  he apologized. He was tall, with blonde-brown hair. Light brown eyes and skin almost like he've been sunbathing everyday at the beach last Summer. Thiner than fit. Nice face, with thin lips. "Don't worry, it is fine. We didn't mind it.." I told him. "Oh.. haha, when I said 'you' I didn't mean 'you two' but only yourself. I know he was pissed, I saw it on his face. Jealous.." he explained himself. "Oh.. sorry and.. I don't think he was jealous or something. He just.. didn't want anyone to interrupt the lesson." I also explained. "Oh ok.." he answered and then our talk took a long pause. "Oh, Gareth!" He said, introducing himself. "I'm Emily." I answered. Then we shook hands. "You must be English, huh?" He wondered, pointing at me. "Right! What about you?" I asked him. "I'm from Wales." He told me. "Interesting.." I answered, not really in the mood of talking. Maybe I really couldn't make new friends. "And what are you studying?" He said, wanting to know the reason why I was accepted at UAL. "I'm a painter, what about you?" I asked. "I'm also a painter!" He said, happily we had something in common. "Cool, so I'll be seeing you sooner than I thought" i answered. "Yep!" he said and then smiled widely. "I'd better go to class.. I think a lot of time has passed already.." I said, trying to find an excuse to leave. "Sure, let's go!" he answered and then stood up. He moved his hand to mine so I could grab it and stand up easily. I did so. While walking to class, he kept on asking more personal questions like, if I have any friends here and many more until the teacher got us at the hall talking. I was leaning at the wall, right next to the class' door and he was in front of me, with his hands crossed on his chest. "Come on kids, the lesson is about to start." she told us. "Yes Mrs." We both said and entered the class.