4

after hearing the order for a large strawberry banana smoothie (today at table four) abby laughed.

"you're an idiot," is all she said, when handing luke his smoothie. this time she waited until three. she didn't want another old, warm smoothie.

he grinned, "now you're inviting yourself to drink this with me? what if i wanted this one all to myself?"

"you're a skinny guy," abby mocked, patting luke's belly, "you might get sick."

"that is true. get a straw," he demanded.

"oh. now you're giving me orders? maybe i shouldn't share this with you."

he laughed, "shut up abigail."

"what?"

"i said shut up. you're being a dork."

"no. you called me abigail."

"oh yeah. your name tag says abigail."

"please never call me abigail. ever. its abby. to you and to everyone."

luke groaned, "you're one of this girls?"

abby furrowed her eyebrows, "what girls?"

"the girls who think its the worst thing on the earth to be called their actual name," luke said emphasizing the words.

"well what if i called you lucas? how would you like that?"

"i would tell you that's not my name."

"then whats your name?"

"luke."

"no your full name."

"luke."

"are you sure its not like lucifer. or lucille or something?"

luke had a mouthful of smoothie and he had to clamp his hand over his mouth to keep him from dribbling it all over the table, "yes. my mother named me lucille. good guess."

"im serious luke," abby pouted and dropped her shoulders, "you know my real name. tell me yours."

"i swear my name is just luke."

"i don't believe you."

"i will show you my birth certificate."

"okay."

"n-no abby. i was kidding," luke chuckled at how stubborn she was, "i'm not bringing you my birth certificate. why don't you believe that my name is simply luke, and you cant harass me with any name?"

"well i need something to harass you with."

luke thought for a moment. then as if it was building inside of him forever he spit out, "my middle name is roberto."

(i know his middle name is not actually roberto, but iTS FOR EFFECT.)

abby stared at him for a minute before breaking out into a full on laughter. she had to put her head down on the table to calm herself down, but the second she looked back up at luke, her calm state was over.

"r-" she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, "roberto?"

"abigail." luke spit back.

"okay, abigail is pretty bad but it's not as bad at roberto," she giggled shaking her head.

luke just looked at her with his side smile.

"what? i'm trying to harass you stop smiling," abby pouted.

"you have smoothie on your forehead."

abby furrowed her eyebrows, trying to look up at the smoothie, "how the hell did i do that?"

luke laughed and put up his hands, "i was asking myself the same question."

"i am a mess," she pouted leaning over the table, "wipe it off."

luke grabbed a paper towel.

"make it romantic like in those movies," abby cut his movements off, grabbing his wrist.

luke chuckled, "thats usually when the food is on the girls lip, a normal place to get food. not her eyebrow."

she sighed and her shoulders fell, "okay whatever, just get it off."

after wiping the drop of smoothie off her forehead, luke tried talking about abbys job, but abby couldn't get over the fact that she had just gotten smoothie on her forehead.

"like is it from when i leaned down when i was laughing?" she said, in hysterics, "but wouldn't i have felt something cold? like i don't get it." she rambled.

luke just smirked at her again.

"what? oh my god do i have another slop of smoothie in an abnormal place to get smoothies?" abby asked, quickly reaching for a napkin.

"no," he was still smiling.

"what then?" abby almost yelled.

"i just have to go."

"okay. tomorrow?"

"you bet."

-

i think this chapter is so cute but im pretty sure they just go down hill from here