10

the next day when luke ordered a smoothie to go, abby was not excited. she was exhausted because the night before she slept a whopping total of two hours, thanks to calum.

he was up all night ranting about this new football he had just bought and how it filled up with air and was almost impossible to pop and when he kicked it it always went into the goal 'like a magnet'.

and abby wanted to be mad at him but even in the dim lights of her room, his eyes still lit up and his hands made these gestures and he looked like a little kid explaining some small thing that he was fascinated with. she loved to see him happy like that. which is why she hid the minuscule details of hanging out with luke (and the unspoken of ikea kiss) from him. so he would go to her about those small things that excited him.

"so abby," luke smiled as she handed him the smoothie, "i wanted to bring you some where today- are you okay?" he mustve noticed how her eyes were droopy and she moved sluggishly. abby was in her worst state when she was tired.

"yeah," she nodded opening a straw and attempting to throw it in the smoothie, but missing, "just tired."

he nodded, "i can tell. if you want we can just stay here today."

"it depends. where do you plan on going?"

"my friend michaels place," he smiled, "we formed a band."

she smiled weakly and nodded, "i'm interested..."

"we both just play guitar. were looking for a drummer. maybe a bassist, but its a start," he smiled widely. abby sensed a spark of passion as calum expressed when talking about football, "we have a drummer in mind. do you happen to know any bassists? does calum play?"

"nope. he plays football." ( ;;;---)))) )

lukes shoulders dropped, "okay well, do you care to stop in?"

she nodded, "of course. let me just hang up my apron."

abby and luke walked out of the smoothie shop and down the streets.

"so this michael guy," she started to break the awkward silence, "whats he like? will i want to leave once i meet him?"

luke laughed, "depends. everyone feels differently about him. he's funny. but loud. and his humor takes uh... it takes a certain personality to appreciate."

"oh god," abby laughed under her breath.

"i'm sure you'll like him. but he's just different."

"thanks for the disclaimer," she nodded, "and we need a key phrase in case i don't have the personality to appreciate his humor. or just want to get out of there. how about something like 'oh i left my phone at work' or 'i think i got my period'. yknow?"

luke squirmed at abbys casual mention of periods which made her laugh and tease him with it for a couple minutes.

they then agreed that 'i have go to babysit my little sister' would be their phrase to ditch michaels abode.
abby didn't have a little sister, nor did she know anything about babysitting but michael knew none if that.

when luke opened michaels front door without knocking, the first thing the two heard was a deep voice from inside, yelling.

"yes! yes! ahh cmon cmon get in there!" he was yelling.

abby raised her eyebrow and looked unsure at luke, "would it be too soon to say i need to babysit my sister?"

he scoffed and grabbed her hand, pulling her inside, "he's just playing fifa."

abby dropped her shoulders and let luke direct her to whatever room michael was in. his hands were big, and reminded her of calums in that way. but luke's were much softer than calums. and his fingers were slimmer, which almost made abby self conscious of her not so dainty or thin hands.

"this is michael," luke introduced the two as they entered the room that michael was playing in, "and this is abigail."

"abby," she corrected with a smile.

michael didn't look up at them, at first she wasn't sure if he even heard luke. but suddenly the game paused and michael looked over, "ah. smoothie girl. nice to meet you. there is pizza and some beers in the fridge. go crazy, my parents are out if town."

luke and abby walked to the kitchen. "i love how everyone knows us as smoothie boy or girl. bea and calum both called you that. and michael called me that," abby laughed while pulling herself up on the counter. luke was reaching in the fridge. he grabbed three beers. "i don't want a beer luke," she declined.

he looked at the three cans that he held in his lean fingers with one hand so easily, "oh. these two are for michael. he looks light weight but do not let him fool you." luke chuckled while popping open one for himself.

when they entered the room again michael had his game shut off and was tuning an acoustic guitar. abby raised an eyebrow and looked at luke, "country music?"

luke laughed, "ab, other styles of music can be played with an acoustic guitar."

"then what style do you guys play?"

luke bit his lip and looked at michael, "we aren't one hundred percent sure on that yet. we just do covers."

abby nodded, "play me one."

michael shook his head and closed his eyes while snapping a beer top open, "confidential, sorry babe."

"then why the hell am i at your band practice?" she unintentionally laughed harshly.

michael shrugged, "luke wouldn't shut up about you and asked to bring you. i told him we wouldn't get much done but he begged m-"

luke practically threw himself at michael to cover his mouth with lukes palm, "he's just kidding. it was a friendly, mutual discussion. right michael?" he said giving michael a look and releasing michaels face.

i'm sure michael understood what luke was doing, but he didn't play along, "nope. he was whining like a little baby about how he really wants to show you what we do and i was like 'but luke we don't play for just anyone, until we have a drummer and a bassist' but he insisted that we should bring you."

abby laughed and looked at luke, who was turning a shade of pink.

"well thank you for inviting me," she smiled standing up, "but if you want to get to your work i will get going."

michael shook his head, "nah you can stay. we don't have that much to practice anyway."

"no. i have to watch my little sister in a little bit anyway," she lied naturally.

luke walked her to the front door, "i'm sorry this was kind of a bad place to go. i promise we can stay in the smoothie place tomorrow."

she smiled, "it's okay we both thought of shitty dates to go on."

"dates?" luke's eyebrow rose at the word.

"you know what i mean."

-

this chapter was lame but hey heres michael.