3

the next day at work bea headed in the back, "hey. some guy out front wants a strawberry banana smoothie. large."

"table?" abby asked, already un-peeling a banana.

"two."

"coming right up," abby nodded. once the blend was done. she placed a straw in and put it on a tray, walking out to the dining area. when she saw who was sitting at booth one she almost laughed at loud.

"seriously? a large?" abigail laughed, putting the smoothie infront if luke.

he gave her an innocent pout, "i just thought we had such a nice time yesterday. maybe we could share another thirty minutes. luckily i came later today, so you get off in only five minutes."

"youre lucky luke," abby smirked taking a five dollar bill out of his hand and handing him back his change, "i'll put this in the fridge. again."

at three, she hung her apron, declined a ride from bea, grabbed the smoothie, then walked to luke's table.

"one large smoothie. for two," she sat down in front of him, again picking out a red straw for herself.

"told you i'd see you around," luke smiled.

"i didn't think i would be doing this again. but yes, here we are."

"two friends sharing a warm smoothie," he said, making a face after his first sip.

"yeah..." she trailed off, "sorry about that i forgot to put it in the fridge."

he laughed, "don't worry about it."

abby took a sip accidentally swallowing a strawberry chunk and practically choking to death.

or just coughing for a minute, but it felt like she was choking to death.

"you are a mess," he laughed, after scooting in to her seat, to pat her back.

"you do know patting someone's back when they're choking does nothing," she squeaked out, then continued coughing.

"i know," he smiled. his face was close to hers. too close.

abby felt her face heat up. but she couldn't. she didn't have feelings for luke. she had a boyfriend. so she did all she could think of doing.

she pushed luke's chest.

he fell out into the isle on his butt, screaming on the way down.

"what the hell?" he said, rubbing his ass (not in a sexual way, it just hurt).

"i'm sorry," abby tried not to laugh, "i panicked."

"why? oh my god abby, did you think i was going to kiss you?"

"err..."

"you were choking on a strawberry. that would be disgusting," he said.

"oh wow," she chuckled sarcastically, "thanks."

abby helped luke back up into his seat.

"if my ass is broken, you're paying for this smoothie," he said while pouting.

she nodded her head a bit, "fair deal."

"well, as i was gonna say before i almost died because of a strawberry, do you have a girlfriend luke?" she asked, she felt kinda pushy so she included, "you know about calum so it's only fair if you tell me."

"i actually do not have a girlfriend," he said, taking a sip, "and i am not looking for one."

"why is that?" for some reason, abby felt disappointed that he wasn't looking for a girlfriend. she didn't know why. she wasn't going to date luke. and she was dating calum already.

"girls and me never end well."

"did you ever think maybe you're gay?" she spit out accidentally.

he chuckled, "no. i know i'm not gay. i just also haven't met the right girl."

this time abby laughed.

"why are you laughing?" he whined, putting on an over exaggerated offended face.

"you're being sappy."

"i'm being honest."

"okay. i have an idea," abby squirmed excitedly, "i'm gonna get you a girlfriend."

"i told you," luke shrugged, "i don't want one at the moment." 

"you sure?"

"yes, i'm completely sure. i have an awesome smoothie buddy and a cool ass dog. what more could i ask for?"

"you're living a fabulous life hemmings."

"thank you very much."

abby raised the smoothie, as if she was making a toast, "to fancy living."

he laughed and took the glass from abbys hand, also holding it up, "to fancy living."