part six

"well, Brooke, this is Gray," he smiled and waved, "and this is Zach. I'm pretty sure that you're the same age. 16 right?"

"yeah. 16."

Zach looked up from his phone into your blue eyes and did one of those bad boy smirks.

"now that everyone's met, we better head to the bus that will take us to the docks." your dad said.

----------------------------------------------------

on the bus, there were rows of 2. Tom and Ellen sat together, Shawn and Tina sat together, your parents sat together, Gray and Will sat together, and you and Zach sat together.

it was awkward sitting with someone you didn't know. you had to get use to it because you were spending the next 2 weeks with strangers.

you decided to take the window seat. after a few minutes, he broke the silence by asking, "so. what school do you go to?"

"uh I go to Lake View High. you?"

"I go to Spring Grove."

"oh I have a few friends who go there."

"really? like who?"

"well there's Anna, Charlotte, Kenzie... um... oh and Katie."

he was looking you in the eyes until you said the name Katie.

"oh... Katie."

"what's wrong?"

"Katie is my ex. she broke up with me yesterday."

"I'm sorry. she was never very nice to me anyway. you'll find better ones. trust me." you say with a smile. he looks at you and smiles back.

you two talked the whole way to the docks. you talked about school, failed drivers tests, exams, family.

then the bus came to a halt. you looked out the window and were instantly fascinated by all of the blue ocean surrounding you.

after that, you and Zach didn't talk much. when you got on the boat, you stood on the deck next to him the whole time.