Chapter 8

I kept looking over my shoulder to see what Harry and the mystery girl were up to. It sickened me every time I watched her grab onto his arm and giggle. I don't know why I was so jealous, it's not like Harry and I are together. I guess it was just my inner fangirl kicking in, I mean who likes to see the love of their life with another girl?

"What's the matter with you? What do you keep looking at?" Darren looked around, confused.

"Nothing, sorry I'm just... admiring the view." I lied, taking a sip of my drink.

"Hey, why don't we go sun bathe over by those palm trees?"

I looked in the direction of the trees and noticed that's where Harry and the girl were heading. An idea crossed my mind. I reached over and grabbed Darren's arm, pulling our bodies close. Darren looked surprised by my bold move, but just grinned and  put an arm around me. 

"Sounds good." I said, and we walked down the beach towards Harry. I made sure Darren and I were as close as possible, and checked to see if Harry noticed us. I locked eyes with him as we passed. Instead of seeing a look of jealousy, all I received was a bright smile and a wave. I put on a fake smile and gave him a small wave back. Darren didn't seem to notice Harry was there. 

What the fuck. Why isn't he jealous? Why isn't he as upset as I am?

Because he doesn't care! He doesn't even notice you.

I blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. I had to try and enjoy my day with Darren before we had to be back on the boat.

"Let's lay here" Darren suggested, laying his towel down. I did the same. I put on my sunglasses, and laid back on the soft towel letting my skin soak up the sun.

--------

I was sad to leave the beach, but there was two more days of the cruise left. It was almost midnight, the boat would be leaving soon. The warm breeze from this morning was replaced with a cold one and I shivered, using my towel as a makeshift coat. As we were all boarding, I ran into Harry.

"Hey Em!" Harry chirped.

"Hi." I muttered half heartedly. I played with a loose string on my towel, never giving Harry my full attention.

"How was your day?" Was he was completely oblivious that I was upset and not in the mood?

"Fine." I replied yet another short answer hoping he would take a hint. He didn't speak again, it seemed as if he was deep in thought. Probably daydreaming about that girl from the beach. I desperately  looked around for Darren to save me from this awkward situation. I rushed past security, trying to find an escape. Darren's blonde hair came into my line of sight and I ran to him.

"There you are!" He laughed, "Did ya miss me?" Darren gave a flirty wink and I nudged him in his side.

"Maybe a little." I gave him a small smile.

---

Even thought it was close to 1am, Darren persuaded me to stay out late to chill in the hot tub with him. 

"Come on Em, we only have two more days left of this cruise, you have to stay out late." He said, practically dragging me into the hot tub. I was grateful it was so dark out, it made me less insecure about being in a swimsuit. I watched Darren sink into the hot tub and lay his head back closing his eyes. 

I stared carefully at his appearance, he was very attractive. Not Harry Styles attractive, but still attractive. I thought hard, did I have a crush on Darren?

"Lets play a game,  to get to know each other better." I said, breaking the awkward silence. Darren opened one eye and looked at me.

"Like a 20 questions sorta thing?" He sat up in the hot tub and stretched out his arms, putting one behind me. A stupid and cliche move. It was hard to stop myself from rolling my eyes when he said, "I'll go first. How many boyfriends have you had?"