Chapter 11

Harry's P.O.V

I woke up around 4:30am with a full bladder. I squinted my eyes as I checked my phone, the bright screen making my head hurt. I groaned as I tried to get out of bed, my stomach was more sore than it's ever been, and my nose was throbbing. I shuffled into my bathroom and flicked on the lights, I was hit with another pounding headache. I went to the bathroom, and then checked my appearance in the mirror. My nose had purple blotches on it that hurt like a bitch when I poked at them. I lifted up my shirt to inspect the throbbing pain coming from my abdomen. There was a clear purple and blue mark where Darren had punched me, I sighed and grabbed some pain meds from the cabinet, taking about three of them.

I had no desire to go back to sleep so I ventured out into the kitchen to grab something to drink. The room was silent, and I tried to be as quiet as possible when I opened and closed the fridge. I completely forgot Emily was asleep on the couch, just a few feet away until I heard her turn over. I watched her carefully as she curled herself into a ball, still asleep. I tip-toed towards the couch, listening to her soft breaths, I felt like a creep, but I didn't stop myself. She was curled into the couch, her back facing me. I froze when she started to move again, she flipped herself so she was facing me, and then she relaxed, letting out a long breath. I felt terrible, has she been tossing and turning all night? Is it because she's uncomfortable? Damn, I knew I should have insisted on her taking the bed. 

Not sure what overcame me, but I just felt the desire to sit on the carpet and study her appearance. Maybe I'm fucking weird, but I found her so intriguing. Her hair was messily laid out all over her pillow, her lips her slightly parted, her long eyelashes fluttered and I tensed up, praying she wouldn't wake up. Her eyes opened slowly, the blue in her eyes were almost completely invisible, her pupils were so large in the dark. 

"Harry?" Her voice croaked, she rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms above her head. "What time is it?"

"It's almost 5. I just came to check up on you, sorry for waking you up." I said and started to get up, but  she stopped me. 

"I haven't gotten much sleep." She yawned. "I've been tossing and turning all night, this couch isn't very comfortable." She softly laughed. I didn't know what to say, should I offer her the bed? Should I asked her to come sleep with me? "Could I come sleep with you?" She asked and my heart jumped. I tried to hide the smile that creeped onto my lips.

"Of course." I said, and stood up. I thought about carrying her to my room, but the pain in my stomach told me no. I reached out my arms to her and she grabbed them so I could pull her up off the couch. I brought her to my room, and pulled back the covers for her to climb in. 

"It's so cold." Emily whispered, pulling the covers over her shoulders. I slid into bed next to her, her back was facing my front. I took a deep breath before making a bold move. I moved my body close to hers and put one of my arms around her waist. I was nervous when she tensed up, but then she relaxed into my arms, turning her body to face me. She curled herself into my chest and closed her eyes. I rested my chin on top of her head and closed my eyes as well, trying to get some sleep.

-

I woke up the next morning with weight on my chest. I rubbed my eyes and quickly remembered Emily  had moved to my bed last night. I looked down at her, she was still sleeping soundly and I didn't want to wake her up by moving. I rested my eyes, and patiently waited for her to wake up. It didn't take long, only about ten minutes until I felt her start to stir. 

"Good morning." I said softy, rubbing her back. She seemed embarrassed, she rolled off my chest and mumbled 'sorry.' We laid there on our phones for a few minutes until I finally broke the silence. "We leave today." I said turning towards her. She put her phone down and turned towards me.