Chapter Thirty One

[] Not responsible for any feels or tears in this chapter

And sorry for the sucky short chapter! School sucks 😣 []

"Gally?" Thomas frowned and held Jay close. It was Gally. But something was clearly wrong with him.

His eyes; all skittish and unfocused. His skin; beaded with sweat and pale. His veins; dark and sick looking. His entire self; shaky and jumpy.

Gally had been stung. Minho's grip tightened on the spear in his right hand, clenching his jaw. Newt held Aleks close. He may not love her as much as Jay but he did owe it to her.

Gally held his own weapon in his hands. Shiny, black, and new. A gun. The Gladers suspected he may have snatched it from the dead woman or from someone that had it during the fray while they watched the clip.

He held it up so it pointed at Thomas' chest. "It was all your fault! Everything's your fault! You corrupted everyone! You-You deserve to die!" It all went in slow motion.

In that moment...Jay had to save him....The two bullets flew through the air when Gally pressed the trigger twice, the noise ricocheting off of the stone walls. Everything had numbed out as she threw herself in front of Thomas protectively, her eyes locking with his.

Minho reacted instantly and threw the spear smack dab into his chest but the bullets were already out of the chamber and headed towards their new target.

His brown eyes widened in shock and worry as he went to push her off but it was too late. Her own emerald orbs looked up at him helplessly, her mouth shadowing the three words while a high pitched noise ringed in their ears. Another scuffling noise was heard as Gally took a few steps back before falling onto the ground, dead.

"Jay! No!"

"Jay!!"

"Come back to me!"