Mutant and Proud

Charles's POV:
"Charles, I found a mutant and I think it would be wise if you came down this very instant." Eric said through the phone. I had sent him into the city an hour earlier to get food and he finds a mutant. Only Eric.
"Okay I'll be down in a couple minutes, but first describe the mutant." I said.
"She's 17, right between Hank and Raven. She can create force fields." Eric explained.
"Okay, good Meg can help her with that then." I concluded.
"Great, but please get down here!" Eric ushered.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I rushed. I ended the phone call and put my fingers to my temple.
'Meg we have a new-comer, prepare a room for her' I told Meg through my telepathy.
'I'm on the job!' She replied.

Meg's POV:
I was sitting in the living room watching TV with Hank, Raven, Sean and Alex, when out of the blue Charles popped into my head.
'Meg we have a new-comer, prepare a room for her.' He said.
'I'm on the job' I answered.
"Guys, we have a new girl coming, come help me prepare a room for her." I told the four other mutants in the room. We walked down to a room on the third floor, where Raven and I's rooms were placed. The boys were on level two. I chose the room next to mine and across from Raven's to put the new girl. In no time the room was ready and we had picked out cloths for her.
"Thanks guys." I said to them grateful. Then Charles popped into my head again making me jump. The others looked at me weird like, but understood once I put my fingers to my temple.
'Meg, I need you, Raven and Hank in my office now! Please use your super speed.' Charles said.
"Hank, Raven, grab on." I said as they grabbed my shoulders. Then in a quick second we were in Charles's office.
"Zoe, these are my three adopted children. This is Raven, she's eighteen. This is Hank, he's fifteen. And last but certainly not least, this is Meg, she's fourteen. X3 this is Zoe she's seventeen." Charles introduced us.
"Hello!" I was the first one to speak up. Zoe gave me a weird look. I can understand why. I had on gloves with the fingers cut off and sunglasses. These were the original glasses and gloves. I had better more high tech ones that Hank made me, but I only uses those for when I used my powers.
Zoe looked at me, she didn't stop until I stepped back and put my head down, Hank put his arm around me and gave me a sympathetic look.
"Hi." Hank said and Zoe immediately smiled.
"Hi, Hank right? I'm Zoe." Then Raven spoke up.
"Hello."
"Hi, Raven. Correct?" Zoe asked.
"Yes." Raven answered. I couldn't stand it anymore. I stared strait into Zoe's eyes to see why she hated me. After some searching I found out that she was afraid of me and my physical looks, just like anybody else. At least she didn't see my eyes. And guess what Raven and Hank are the ones who were worried about their appearance. Raven could just shape-shift into her human form and Hank could just wear big shoes. I was the one not worried about my appearance, but I had most trouble with it. Everyone never feared Hank or Raven because they looked normal, but everyone hated and feared me. Why? Well my eyes change color hence the sunglasses. Eric tells me it's better to look like a weirdo, than scare people, oh and the gloves are so I don't kill anyone.
"Come on Zoe let me show you around." Raven offered and left with her. I sighed. Hank looked at me.
"I'm just going to go......." Then he left.
"And they're the ones worried about their appearance!" I said.
"Hey Meg look I know she's scared of your appearance but you have to show her that there's nothing to be afraid of." Charles said.
"How?" I asked.
"Get to know her." Charles said.
"Show her Hank and Raven." Eric said with a smirk. I giggled. Eric came over to me and hugged me.
"Don't let her reaction get you down, you're perfect the way you are!" Eric told me.
I walked up the stairs and saw everyone back in the living room.
"Did you get to meet Zoe?" Sean asked.
"Yeah, but I don't think she likes me much." I said.
"What do you mean?" Alex asked.
"She's scared isn't she, Meg?" Hank gently asked.
"Yeah." I said.
"Wait hold on, she's scared of you?!" Sean asked.
"She probably hasn't seen the beast or mystique side of the both of you then." Alex confirmed.
"Well I am going to go talk to her!" I said and stood up to go to her room. I knocked on the door.
"Come in!" She said. I walked in.
"Hello." I said. She looked at me and started to walk backwards until she hit the bed post.
"No, no, there's nothing to be scared of." I said.
"What about the gloves?" She asked.
"They're just to help me better control my powers, see?" I said taking off the gloves and flipping my hands over.
"And the sunglasses?" She asked.
"My eyes change with my mood. I wear the glasses so I don't feel like an open book." I explained taking them off.
"Oh, my gosh, what are those?" Zoe said her eyes the size of golf balls.
"I hope you mean who are they?" Hank corrected her. Hank and Raven stood in the doorway in their natural blue forms.
"This is Hank and Raven I had thought you met them." I said.
"They didn't look like that!" Zoe said.
"This is the real us and you're going to have to get used to it if you want to stay here." Raven said.
"Mutant and proud!" I shouted. Alex and Sean showed up at the door and said
"Mutant and proud!" Then Hank and Raven said
"Mutant and proud!"
"Are you proud of your mutation?" Hank asked Zoe.

I wrote this a while ago and it made me laugh reading it. It took me a second to realize why I put X3 in the story. Then I laughed at the idea. I think it's cute. I love reading stories I wrote a long time ago.

-Mik🐳