- Chapter 1 - It all begins here -

I sat at the table eating some porridge when my mum walked in and told me that she signed up for me to go to a new school, i'd always been home teached by my mother, she was such a great teacher but she always insitded I called her Miss instead of mum. I've never really known what a real school is, with real people, because my mum has always told me to stay in the house, but I sneek out to the forest and sit by the river, sometimes I think my mum knows I sneek out, I can see it in her eyes. You see, I only get home teached because mum says i'm "special" and there isn't anything special about me. She said that I would tell when I was "special" and apparently becoming special has something to do with going to a school. I don't know much about my dad, apart from a small picture of him holding me when I was a baby and I don't know why he left, and mum won't tell me because she gets too emotional. 

"Abbie! Wake up and stop day dreaming and finish your cereal!" My mum shouted at me.

I looked up to see she was staring right down at me and I looked at the clock, i'd been daydreaming for one minute, I always daydream, about going to school and having loads of friends and getting a good grade, or sometimes I daydream about my dad. Mum says my daydreaming has gotten alot more worse and I need to stay focused otherwise, i'll end up daydreaming all the way through school without realising and not learn a thing.So I continue eating my porridge when my mum interrupts me again "Abbie, I just got a text. It's from school".

I splutter my porridge everywhere when I speak "What does it say?" as mum looks at me because I just made a mess I roll my eyes.

 She reads out the text "We'd love Abigail to come to our school, we want her to have the best education" And I stare at her.

The next thing I realise I shout at her "MUM! YOU KNOW I HATE BEING CALLED ABIGAIL!" She stares at me.

And replies back "Well, tell them to call you Abbie, it asked for your REAL name, so I gave your real name, your stuff for school will be coming in the post later tonight, and you'll be going to school tomorrow", and before she could say anything I was walking out the door and up the stairs to my room.