- Chapter 19 - Wings -

I tried to run, but the girl had a tight grip of my wrist, I remember my brother showed me how to get out off this, so I raised my arm, my fist just missed her face, by my elbow hit her, she let go off my wrist and went tumbling backwards, I ran.

This time, I followed the road, I wasn't going in the woods, or i'll just end up here again. The girl wasn't running after me, but although I could no longer see her, I continued running. 

I heard footsteps behind me, so I looked behind and it was the girl, I ran faster, and she disappeared. I was running, and I saw a crow fly past me, the same one from the house. I was running, and I saw the girl. Standing in the road. She must be the crow. 

Luckily there was a parting in the road and I ran that way, she must of stood there for a reason.

And I was right, she was there for a reason.

I stopped running.

I stood at the top of a cliff.

I turned around and the girl was walking towards me.

Wings.

My wings were wrapped in bandages, and tied behind my back, because my spells dont work her, I had to hide them, I rip holes in the back of my t-shirt, and unwrap my wings.

I stretch them out, with a sigh of relief, after so long with them tied up, they weren't as many feathers in them as before, and they looked battered. 

The girl came closer, I turned around, and took a couple steps back.

I started running.

I jumped off the cliff, and flapped my wings.

When I lept off the cliff, I felt a grab at my legs, and I looked down, it was the girl. She was clinging on.

I tried everything to get her off, but nothing worked, I was flying as fast as I could, which wasn't very fast.

My wings became weak, and the weight was unbearable.

My wings, not wanting to go on anymore, stopped.

And when my wings stopped, we started falling.

I managed to get the girl off my legs, but I couldn't flap my wings. 

I closed my eyes.

And waited.

But nothing came.