Chapter 8

It was one fine Sunday afternoon, but at Hinata household, there was a very hostile atmosphere created by two teenager boys.

"So, what're you doing here?" The person in front of him said with an irritated tone. Kageyama could sense that he was clearly not wanted by that person to be here.

"My grades are as bad as Hinata's so I'd not mind having tutoring from you." He replied.

"Forgive me, but I only offer to tutor Hinata-kun."

"It doesn't hurt to tutor one more person. Plus it's not like I'm asking you to spend extra time teaching me. You can just teach me together with Hinata." Kageyama throw glares at the said person. That person did not hesitate to reply his glares with angry ones. There was definitely electricity flowing around them, creating the war zone.

"Can you just accept him, Ushijima-senpai?" Hinata asked as he placed the cups of tea in front of them. "Enoshita-senpai would kill him if he get a failing grade and have to attend an extra class. And our team needs Kageyama in the matches." He smiled brightly and requested.

'Dumbass Hinata dumbass, don't show your killer smile to him!' Kageyama screamed in his mind.

"Well, if you say so, I'll just make an exception." Ushiwaka told the second small giant.

"Thanks, senpai."

It was a regular tutor section Hinata usually have with Ushijima Wakatoshi, one of the top three aces of Japan, and currently part of the Team Japan. However, unlike the past sections, today, Kageyama decided to join, saying he needed some tutoring, too. Unknown to Hinata, Kageyama's real motive lied beyond the stupid lie he told the smaller guy. The King of the Upper Court could not just left Hinata and Ushiwaka alone together after learning the orange-haired teenager was getting tutor sections from the ace. After all, he could tell that Ushiwaka was also trying to flirt tutor Hinata and also Ushiwaka, sensing his real intention, was trying to get rid of him.

"So which subject should we start from?" The host of the house asked them.

"Mathematics." Ushijima said, getting the text book on the table.

It was definitely not a peaceful study section. Kageyama would try butting in whenever the older boy got close to his love interest.

"Here, look at the given facts and use the Pythagoras Theorem to solve it." As Ushijama was explaining his hand slighting touched the hand of the strongest decoy of Karasuno. Kageyama with no hesitation reacted at once.

BANG!

Ushijima retreat his hand which was now red from getting hit by Kageyama. He gave a 'what-the-f***' glare to the raven head.

"Sorry, there's a mosquito." Kageyama apologized with a mischievous grin.

The older boy clearly knew that it was no mosquito but said nothing.

The whole two hour repeated with the same action of Ushiwaka flirt-tutoring and Kageyama preventing while Hinata as clueless as ever did not realize what actually happening.

"Sorry, senpai, there seems to be a lot of mosquitos at my house today." Hinata said as he was showing the way out for his tutor. Kageyam snickered at the back when the smaller boy sincerely apologizing. Ushijima's hand was now completely red and swollen from Kageyama's imaginary mosquitos.

"Hey, want to play for a while?" Kageyama picked up the volleyball lying around the living room when Hinata came back from showing Ushijima the way off. The smaller boy brightened up and answered with a jump.

"Of course!"

xXx

Kageyama sighed again. It was Saturday and they would usually have a volleyball practice till evening but the gym was closed for two days for maintenance. He lied on the bed with several sports magazines opened around him. Both of his parents were not at home and it was not like he had friends outside of the volleyball cycle to hang out with. He sighed again and got up to have some lunch. May be he should go to the convenience store or some fast food restaurants. Thinking that, he grabbed his wallet and went outside. It was already mid-November so it was quite chilling even in the afternoon. He decided he would also buy some volleyball stuffs so he took the train to Ginza and shopped around. It was when he was getting out of a burger restaurant that he saw a familiar face.