Chapter 6

After enjoying the festival, the Karasuno VBC returned to their hometown the next day. Almost two weeks had gone, and yet Kageyama had not confessed to Hinata again. Waiting for the perfect chance, he thought up several ideas how to confess to Hinata. His teammates were also part of the fault he could not make his love confession. They unintentionally or intentionally disturbed the two of them every time Kageyama thought he got a chance. (It seemed Tsukishima kind of realized the setter's little crush on the 2nd small giant and tried to interrupt his confession just to annoy him.) Finally, the perfect chance, Kageyama waiting had come. On a bright sunday, when they were released from the practice earlier than usual, Kageyama unexpectly met Hinata at the convenience store, he suggested to walk home together.

"Hinata, I've got something to tell you."

"What's up?" Hinata asked biting a grab of his nikumen.

'How should I tell him? Please go out with me. Or I love you. Grrh, it's annoying. That's it. I'm telling it.'

"I like you!" Kageyama bluntly said. Hinata looked at him and replied with a smile.

"I like you, too."

"I mean you really ... really like me?" Kageyama asked in disbelief. 'Should I be happy?'

"Of course, I like both you and your toss. Your tosses are the best. I also like Tanaka-san, Nishinoya-san, Yamaguchi, Yachi and the 1st years. For Tsukishima, I still can't get to like him."

Realizing that Hinata had understood his confession in a wrong way, Kageyama faceplamed.

"No, I mean in a diff…"

BEEZZZ…

Hinata's phone rang. He picked up to answered.

"Okay, got it." He hanged up and turned to look at Kageyma. "Sorry, Kageyama, my mum asked me to come back. See you." After that, he hurriedly paddled away.

"Umm… bye." Kageyama said, looking at his back. 'WAIT! I DIDN'T GET TO TELL MY FEELING ABOUT HIM AGAIN.'

xXx

"Hinata, here's your bottle." Yachi handed him a water bottle.

"Thanks."

Kageyama looked at the manager and his crush talking to each other. Lately, he had been seeing those two being together a lot. Well, Yachi did decide to join the volleyball club after Hinata's encouragement. And they got along so well. Hinata even asked help from Yachi for personal matters like making porridge for Lev. He had developed an idea that they might had feeling for each other. 'No, it can't be. But what if it's real? Hinata would prefer a girl over a guy.' He suddenly felt insecurity.

"What's wrong with Kageyama? He's been staring Hinata and Yachi so intensely with a black face." Yamaguchi said. Tsukishima smirked.

"If the king doesn't careful, who knows when the queen will be taken away." Kageyama gave him a nasty glare.

"Whatcha saying, Tsukki? The king and the queen?" Yamaguchi asked.

"Nothing."

'Anyway, I'm gonna checked out if they're really into each other.' Kageyama thought.

xXx

KAGEYAMA'S ATTEMPTS TO KNOW HINATA'S FEELING FOR YACHI

Attempt 1: Trying to know who he favours

Kageyama followed Hinata out of the classroom at the lunch break, only to meet Yachi passed them with her lunchbox in her hand.

"Hey, Hinata, want to have lunch together?"