Chapter 2

A few numbers of volleyballs hit the clearly cleaned floor of the ball game grounds of Karasuno Sougou Sports Park while the other flew in the air from one side to another in the gym. People's loud chattering had the atmosphere completely active. Today was a practice match of Karasuno Volleyball Team against Nidotaki Volleyball Team of the neighboring town. Many Karasuno people came to watch the match of the champion of the Spring High.

"Take this!" Tanaka yelled and struck the ball towards the other side of the net. They were still in their warm up section, but every member of Karasuno was filled to the brim with excitement and acting wild, especially Tanaka, Nishinoya, Kageyama and Hinata.

"Oi, Hinata, what happened to your receive?" Kageyama yelled at the Karasuno's future Ace when the said person missed to receive the ball.

"I'm sorry. I thought I was in the perfect position to hit it, but seems like I was wrong." Hinata explained and went to fetch the stray ball.

"That's right, Shouyou-chan. You need to lower your hips a little more to receive a ball like that."

A singing voice appeared from the entrance of the gymnasium. The girl audiences who came to watch the match went crazy at once, squealing loud. Both team members' attention was set on the person at the door. Standing there was, no other than, the famous boy, Oikawa Tooru with his lady-killing smile. A vein popped out at Kageyama's temple from seeing his senpai.

"Shouyou-chan?" Both Kageyama and Hinata exclaimed. They had never heard him called

Hinata 'Shouyou-chan'.

"Hey there, Shouyou-chan, Tobio-chan." Oikawa greeted them. Oikawa walked towards them. "Look, if you are trying to hit that kind of ball back, you position should be fixed like this." The great king fixed his position. "No, no, Shouyou-chan. Lower your hips." Oikawa put his hands on Hinata's waist. "Lower, lower." He slowly pulled him down. "Yes, that's right. It's just like this." His hands now moved from his waist to the hands. Oikawa stepped closer. Their bodies were dangerously closed. He placed his head beside Hinata's.

"Straighten your hands. That's good. Now you should swing them in this angle and hit the ball, sent it back to where it came from." Oikawa was now too close, too close that Hinata could feel Oikawa's warm breath behind his left ear. Tooru whispered the instruction words into Hinata's ears seductively. Shivers ran down through Hinata's spine. He immediately moved away from Oikawa. His face was pale from the surprise.

In front of them was a super pissed off Kageyama. Oikawa never taught him a thing even though he was his junior and he even asked him to teach him. So why was he teaching Hinata so willingly? He was emitting dark aura so much that if a plant were placed near him, it could die at once. Tanaka and Nishinoya squeaked. Tsukishima mocked him. "Oh my, what a scary face, your Highness!"

"Pff…Tsukki" Yamaguchi laughed.

"Both of you stopped that!" Tanaka yelled.

Kageyama hold the ball too tight that like it was going to burst in any minute.

"What's wrong Shouyou-chan?" Oikawa asked.

"Umm…" Hinata could not find the word to answer him.

BAMM…

The back of Oikawa's head met with a flying volleyball, producing a loud sound. Oikawa lost his control and almost fall down. He looked to find who the sender was and found Kageyama with another ball in his hand.

"Tobio-chan, balls are not to throw at the head." He told him.

"Oikawa-san, I'm sorry, but we're having a match soon so WOULD YOU MIND LEAVING THE COURT AT ONCE!" Kageyama shouted. Hinata was stunned.

'Ka… Kageyama is mad. Why?' Hinata yelped inwardly.

"Alright, alright." Oikawa smiled evilly at Kageyama and walked out of the court. "See you later,

S-H-O-U-Y-O-U-C-H-A-N."

xXx

The ball hit the floor with a great force, but it was out. Hinata landed from jumping.

"Hey, Kageyama, what's wrong? Your tosses are so difficult to hit today." Hinata asked the raven.

"Nothing." Kageyama answered.

"Nothing my ass. You're doing a sloppy job." Hinata.

"No, I don't!"

"Time out!" Coach Ukai immediately called for a time out seeing his best two players fighting.

"Both of you come here." The two teens went to their coach. "Kageyama, I don't know why you are so pissed. But, control yourself. Get your head in the game."

"Take-chan, Take-chan," Tanaka whispered to their advisor, Takeda, "call Suga-san. We don' know how to deal with Kageyama. Ask him to come quickly."

"Got it." Takeda left to call the phone.

"Now go back there with full concentration. I won't accept losing." Ukai hit the two teens' backs and pushed them towards the court.

In the second set, Sugawara came to watch the match (to handle Kageyama). Luckily, Kageyama finally cooled down and their offence and defense got into action. And they won the match with the score 2-1. As soon as the game finished, Oikawa appeared again.

"Congratulation, Shouyou-chan. How about we go and eat somewhere for your victory?" He offered. Hinata hid behind Kageyama.

"Thanks. But no."

"How mean! I just want to build a friendship with you." Oikawa pouted. "Tobio-chan can come, too. Though I don't actually want him to come?" The atmosphere around Kageyama got bad. The rest of the team looked at them with silence. Kageyama breathed out. He took out his cell phone from his bag and pressed some buttons.

"Oikawa-san, let's talk. ALONE!" And he dragged his senior out of the gym. "What's the meaning of this, Oikawa-san?" Kageyama asked him. Now they were both standing outside of the gym where no one was around.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you flirting with Hinata? That dumbass Hinata may not be aware of that, but I know that you're flirting with him."

"I just want to crush you. A setter is nothing if there's no one to spike his toss."

"What?"

"I'm taking Hinata and I will crush you."

"Stop with this meaningless thing, Oikawa-san."

"But, even though I said that I'm doing this to crush you, don't get the wrong idea. Of course, I personally like Hinata." Oikawa smirked. "Tobio-chan, I'm declaring that I'm gonna do whatever it takes to have Hinata. Try your best not to lose him." Kageyama and Oikawa shared an intense glare at each other. A strong harsh wind was blowing, making the atmosphere between them hostile.

"Oi, Oikawa, why are you go and messing with Karasuno? If you have so much time to spend, go and study." A voice appeared from Oikawa's back. A harsh blow landed on Oikawa's back of the head. There was Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-chan, how do you…?"

"Kageyama texted me. He said that you were to wrack their game." He said angrily. "Seriously, please try to do that kind of thing in a proper method."

"Mine is a proper method. Remember this Tobio-chan, in no time, Hinata is gonna be my…." He could not continue because his childhood friend hit him and dragged him from the younger teen.

Kageyama signed. He never thought that Oikawa would say thing like this. 'this' meant 'the gay stuffs'. He was shocked. At the same time, he was boiling with frustration. He did not know why, but he strangely opposed the idea of Hinata taken away from him. Hinata saved him. He rescued him from being the eccentric king. He did not want to lose him. His feelings were all mixed up. It was just like when they wrote the reflection essay.

"Darn it!" He cussed. "Dumbass Hinata, get out of my head!"