Chapter 1

On one fine spring day at Karasuno High School, in Class 2-1, the Japanese literature teacher was enthusiastically teaching his subject. Almost everyone was paying attention to him, well,except for two boys sitting at the back of the class. They were of course, no other than our lovely oddball combo, Hinata Shouyou and Kageyama Tobio.

Hinata's hands were rested on his desk with his head on top of them while Kageyama's chin was on the palm of his left hand, which was on his table and keeping his head from falling down and kissing the desk. Hinata was in a deep sleep that he even produced light snores and some drool. The teacher looked at them with a completely annoyed expression and called out their names in a loud voice. Neither of them heard him as they were still losing themselves in their own dreamland. The students giggled.

The teacher walked towards them and smacked their heads with pleasure to wake them up. Kageyama, with reluctance, tried opening his eyes, but they did not open. On the other hand, Hinata's right hand landed on the student's head in front of him with severe force as if it was a ball tossed from Kageyama. Following next was a loud 'YOSH!' emitted from Hinata's mouth. The rest of the students were startled while the poor victim boy yelled at Hinata, saying "That hurts, Hinata! Whatcha doing?"

The angry teacher yelled at them again and this time, Hinata was wide awake. He looked confusedly at the people and realized what he had done and started apologizing like there was no tomorrow.

"Dumbass Hinata, why are you yelling too much in the morning?" Kageyama seemed to wake up by now as he shouted at the red head. Then, he realized that he was in class and shocked seeing his teacher super angry face. "I'm sorry, teacher!"

"Both of you, to the Faculty room at once! Wait there until I arrive." The teacher shouted and kicked their asses out of the classroom. The combo left with complete silence.

xXx

"So both of you'll be late for the evening practice to write reflection essay for falling asleep in class?" Tanaka Ryuunosuke said with a loud voice. Since Sawamura, Sugawara and Asahi left the school, he was promoted to be the captain and ever since then his wanna-be-superior fever had gone worse.

"We're very sorry, CAPTAIN!" The combo apologized in unison, emphasizing the word 'captain' to please Tanaka.

"Well, it can't be help. Come to the practice as soon as you finish, got that?" Tanaka, with a very overjoyed face, told them. He could not scold them because he, too, also fall asleep in class. "Yes, CAPTAIN!" Both of the boys shouted again.

xXx

"What I'm saying is that it's not how you write a reflection essay" The smaller teen yelled at the bigger one. The two teens were now in an empty classroom, writing their reflection essays. "Then, let me see yours, Hinata." Kageyama snatched Hinata's paper and read it. "Stupid. Dumbass Hinata. Dumbass!" He threw the paper at the red head. "Yours is not better than mine. What are with all those 'Gwahh' and 'Bawa' and 'Zuuba' and 'Gyan'?"

"What? I thought they would explain the situation better?"

"How would they explain better, dumbass?" The raven head gave a chop on Hinata's head.

"That hurts!" Hinata looked at Kageyama with one eye closed and the other opened. His opened brown eye was reflecting the light more than usual due to a couple drops of tears formed unconsciously. Both of his hands were nursing his abused head.

Kageyama could not help but stare at the cute image in front of him. Hinata looked like a puppy. A very cute puppy. Kageyama had to hold up the desire to grab him and hug him tightly while petting him. A pink hue formed on his face.

'What? Hug him and pet him? What the hell I'm thinking? Get a grip, Tobio.' He realized that the blood was rushing to his face and the King of the Upper Court looked away to avoid meeting Hinata in eye to eye. But clueless Hinata thought Kageyama was mad.

"Oy, Kageyama, what's wrong?" He asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing."

"Then why are you turning away?" He stepped in front of Kageyama.

"I said it's nothing. Now write your essay quickly. We need to practice." Kageyama pushed him towards the desk, still refusing to look at the little crow.

"I know that. Okay, I'm gonna finished it sooner than you and win against you." Hinata said, and took the paper and quickly wrote.

"No, you don't." A vein popped out form Kageyama's temple and he, too, started writing. After a few lines, he stopped and shot a glance at Hinata. Hinata was so immersed in his writing that he did not notice Kageyama looking at him.

'Damn it! He's so annoying, but...' Kageyama thought. 'but also so cute.' He returned to his business of writing even thought his mind was full of nothing, but Hinata's cute images. 'Stop it. Stop it. I need to focus!' he reminded himself. He let out a soft sigh.

'Why am I feeling like this? Is that the teenager hormones causing this?' He looked at Hinata once again. 'Oh, God, can't you tell me what it is?'