3

"Well," Maia said while laughing, "That was intense!"

I groaned. "Is he always that . . . strange?"

As I stood there it had felt like he was attempting to look into my soul. it was very unnerving.

"Who, Ethan? Oh yeah he's all kinds of strange. He hardly ever comes in to school. I heard his dad won't let him move out if he doesn't attend more than half of the school year." She said with an amused glint in her eyes. "I really don't get why he took AP classes though. He basically skipped all of last year."

"Oh." Was my only response. I didn't know what to think of that. If it were my parents I'd probably be forcefully hauled out of the house even if I was ill.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." Maia joked, grinning as we reached an what I assumed was my music class.

The door was open I realised that class had begun. I really hadn't taken Maia's earlier words seriously until I caught a glimpse of the man who stood, speaking words that I could not decipher as I gazed at his shirt, which looked as if it's buttons might just pop off due to the fact that the shirt clung to him as if it was a drowning woman grasping onto a lifeguard for dear life.

"Close your mouth, you're going to catch flies." Maia chuckled. "I wasn't lying when I said he was a hottie." She whispered.

"But. . . I wasn't ready!" I groaned.

I hadn't realised how loud I was until I noticed that the man's attention was on me.

Crap!

He shot a dazzling smile my way. "You must be Davina Lewis."

I gulped.

"You're on your own now." Maia said with a smirk on her face. "I'll come and get you after this class ends." She said before briskly walking away.

I awkwardly walked into the classroom.

"Take a seat anywhere you want." His voice was as smooth as chocolate, same as his flawless brown skin.

There were only two seats available, both located beside each other in the front.

Just my luck!

I really couldn't be thirsting after my teacher. Teachers shouldn't be permitted to be that sexy, their there to teach not distract their students.

"Okay. So this term you compose a piece of music about three to four minutes long. You will collaborate with another classmate, both of you will decide a genre, whether it be classical, contemporary, jazz, pop; any genre you like. You will then be required perform the piece at the end term."

A brown haired girl at the back raised her hand.

"Yes Sarah?"

"What instruments can we use?"

"Basically any instrument you can use any you want, you can use the instruments available in the school or instruments that you can easily bring in for a day. I mean, you couldn't exactly bring in an organ." He smiled.

The majority - mostly the female population - of the class chuckled. A movement at the door signified a presence there I turned to the door.

Oh gosh not again.

Again, the boy - whose name I had learned was Ethan - walked in late. Only this time he seemed apologetic.

"Sorry I'm late, sir."

Well that's new!

Mr Braden momentarily at Ethan from the side of his eye.

"Don't let it happen again, take a seat. Davina will fill you in on what has been said so far."