Chapter 3

Well most days are pretty bad.

After school I always end up in a bad mood and the last thing I want to see is Tyler and Josh waiting for me as the bus drops me off. I slump my shoulders and step off the bus every day, and every day they give me a big group hug. Some days, we will group hug shuffle all the way down the sidewalk to the front door. There we meet Jenna, who joins in on the group hug. 

These days always make me happy.

Tyler pulls out a chair at the kitchen table for me and I sit down.

"You want to talk about anything?" Josh asks.

I shake my head though, because they already know how my days always go.

They tell me about their days, life in the studio, and when the next concert is coming up. It's really cool to be living with these people, I don't know how they have lives that crazy outside of home. Everything seems a little bit better then, so I take a bathroom break. They always wait outside the door for me just to make sure I'm okay and that I don't "fall in". 

This particular day though, when I open the door, I find Tyler holding something in his arms. It is a little toy Australian Shepard puppy. 

"We got you a little present, since you were feeling down today," Josh says.

I squeal a little, and then take the puppy into my arms. "Your name will be Cat."

They all crack up laughing, and I explain that I always wanted to name a cat Cat, but a dog would do just as fine.

We take Cat outside and play frisbee for a bit. Man, it seems like Tyler and Josh are just talented at everything. Jenna sits on the porch drinking her sweet tea and watching us play. Cat tramples through the grass and we all are smiling so big.

For dinner, we all crowd into the kitchen and Jenna tells us what to do. Tyler and Josh always end up being goofy though, and she just ends up telling them to get out of her way jokingly. My job is to set the table, once I do whatever she needs help with. Once things are done cooking, Jenna will put it on the table and we will fill our plates. Tyler is usually the one to pray over our meals since he's such a Godly man. Then we dig in, and tell Jenna what a wonderful job she did. When we finish, we do family dishes, with me and Josh drying and Jenna and Tyler washing. 

Dinner is always one of my favorite parts of the day.