Chapter 8

I started to try and leave right after that.

Jenna went and got a bag for me that she had prepacked. It had almost everything in it that I would need to live for what seemed like months. I hoped I didn't have to be on the streets for months.

She made me wait quietly in the bathroom, while she went and got it. I got up off the cold toilet that I had been sitting on while she told me the plan. I went to the window and gasped a little, because I forgot that you could see into the shed from this upstairs bathroom. You will never believe what I saw; I still don't believe it myself. 

Tyler and Josh were kissing in the shed.

I thought the Joshler thing was made up but I know differently now. 

I was disgusted by the sight, but I looked beyond them and saw some kind of big metal machine. I don't know what it does, but I don't want to find out. 

Jenna came back and saw me looking out the window. She handed me my backpack and scooted me out the door and down the stairs. 

She helped me get past all of the camera's in the house and got me to a side door. She told me the address of where to go and what bus to take to get there. It looked like I wouldn't be living on the streets now; she already had things covered. She said she would try and meet me there, but if something bad happened and she wouldn't make it I was supposed to go on with the plan.

She pulled up my hood and sent me on my way. I ran through the front lawn as fast as I could headed towards the last house on the right. The flood lights for the yard came on and blinded me, but Jenna had given me some sunglasses just in case which helped. I heard the shed door open and close faintly in the distance but I kept running. Once I got to the house on the corner, I went around the back and got in the black truck and drove away, using the key she'd given me. She had told me to go as fast as possible and not worry about cops because they would most likely be going to our house, since I tripped the alarm.

I only spotted one cop on my way, and I actually knew him so it was cool. 

I kept driving and driving, hoping that Jenna would make her way out and not get stuck with Josh and Tyler and whatever the machine was.