07 || Unexpected Alert

// for Anna who is such a lovely supporter //

So this is what you've all been waiting for; the big plan. It's not all that big to be honest but it shows the extent that June is willing to go to win over Dimitri's love. The next few chapters are my favourite to write because drama drama drama. Who doesn't love drama?

This chapter didn't come out like I wanted it to but I hope you like it. 

E N J O Y ! 
_ _ _ _ _

CHAPTER SEVEN
Unexpected Alert

Juniper Stauff and Dimitri Remirez knelt behind the big 4x4 jeep that lay in the driveway of Amanda Obereen's house. Juniper was excited but Dimitri was nervous as hell. "June, this is a stupid idea," Dimitri said, pulling at the sleeve of Juniper's shirt to get her attention.

They were both dressed in black and Juniper insisted on the ski masks. She said that it would make them look more subtle and would blend into the starry, dark night. We look more like robbers, Dimitri thought.

Juniper sighed as she looked up at him, craning her neck so she could get a view of him. Then she remembered that she couldn't exactly see his face. "Not with this again," she said. "You said you were in, Dimmy. You can't back out now, especially since we're already here! Why are you so indecisive?"

"I just," he said, searching for the right words. "If she gets hurt..."

"Look, you trust me. Right?"

"Of course, I trust you. I wouldn't have told you the thing that embarrasses her the most if I didn't trust you." Dimitri couldn't lie to himself. He was excited to see the hurt expression on Amanda's face, to get payback, except he couldn't really bear to see her hurt. He could feel at the pit of his stomach that this wasn't right.

Juniper slipped her hands into his and tugged him closer, whispering as if someone would overhear them in the dead of the night. "She hurt you and it pains me to see you this broken over such a worthless girl. If she truly did love you the she would have stayed with her Prince Charming."

A sudden fire blazed in Dimitri's eyes and he yanked his hand from her grasp. "She does love me," he hissed.

"Maybe she does. But you're hurt because she chose her friends over you."

Dimitri's anger washed out in an instant. It was no use fighting with Juniper. "Why do you care so much?" he asked, his eyes searching for an answer.

She gave him a blank, pointed look. "That's the stupidest question you've ever asked and I've ever heard. You're my best friend, Dimmy. Of course I care for you."

Dimitri nodded but because he knew Juniper so well, he knew she was not telling him something. And something else within him knew that it was better off not knowing. After all, he's known for a few days now that she wasn't telling him something important. 

"The back door," Dimitri said at last, helping Juniper to her feet so that they were both standing. "We get in through the back door."

Juniper nodded. If only he knew just how much she liked him. But would the knowledge of her feelings change his mind and deter his emotions? Probably not, Juniper thought.

He was still hung over Amanda. Juniper couldn't really blame him for loving Amanda. Amanda was smart, funny, adorable, hot and everything Dimitri Remirez wanted. Frankly, Juniper was not what Dimitri wanted. Maybe he saw Juniper as a friend he felt overly protective over or maybe like his younger sister. But she so badly wanted him to see her as more than just as friend - as girlfriend material. Too bad he doesn't, Juniper thought in an attempt to cheer herself up, he doesn't know what he's missing out on.