12 || Unplanned Meeting

// for Kevina who supports anything that I write //

EARLY UPDATE! We hit #41 in General Fiction recently and I thought that it would be nice to thank you all for your support with an early update! Saturday's update will be moved to Sunday but only for this week.

This is one of my favourite chapters to write because it involves Charlie and June. I love Charlie's character even though I've given little information about him. He was basically a pawn in June's big chess board. And we now have a very angry Charlie. Let's see how things turn out.

Do vote if you liked the chapter and honest feedback is always appreciated!

E N J O Y !
_ _ _ _ _

CHAPTER TWELVE
Unplanned Meeting

The second Juniper Stauff set foot on Phantom High grounds, whispers filled her ears. She parked her car in a rush, got out and headed towards the school doors to look for Dimitri. He wasn't answering her texts or calls and Juniper didn't think it was right of her to visit him when he clearly wasn't in the mood for his daily Juniper dose. Let's face it, she's one of the few people that can crack a smile to those lips of his.

The whispers that littered the atmosphere in the hallway and corridors were much worse than in the parking lot. Juniper tried not to feel affected by it all but how could she not when she was the one that caused this in the first place?

"Charlie is gay?"

"Oh Lord, is that shaving cream on his face?"

"He sleeps with a teddy bear. Well, screw trying to get into his pants."

"Who do you think did it?"

"I heard Charlie was looking for Juniper."

"June? Maybe it was Dimitri since Amanda did hook up with Charlie."

Juniper was nearing her locker, the whispers on this part of the corridor much less than through the entrance. A sullen looking Charlie Cox stood there slumped against her locker and she felt a sudden lump rise to her throat. What was he going to do to her?

"Charlie," she said, the slight emotion of fright seeped into her speech.

His head shot up from staring at his shoes and when his gaze met hers, his soft features turned hard and stony as a fire blazed within his eyes. He grabbed Juniper's hand and yanked on her wrist, dragging her down the corridor. No one bothered to look at them. They all seemed to be heading in another direction. What was all the commotion on the other side about? Juniper wondered.

"Charlie, listen, I can explain-" she was cut off as he opened the Janitor's closet and shoved her into the room, banging the door harshly behind him. His whole demeanour shook with anger. He was furious.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Charlie roared.

Juniper bit her lip as she tried not to cower at the proximity and his towering figure. "I...I didn't mean to-" she said, struggling to get the words out.

He backed away, sighing as a look of disbelief took over his angry features. He leaned on the wall and ran a hand through his messy, blonde hair. "When you saved my brother I was more than just happy. I could have been the most happiest, most excited person to exist that day. I could have never hated you, June. You are pretty, smart as hell and you're damn nice. You gave me absolutely no reason to hate you. When you saved my brother you gave me more reason to like you. You were a great friend and I honestly don't know what I did to you to make you stab me in the back like this. Now...now I am certain that I hate you."