Special 9th Birthday: Raph

You sat in the dojo at 2 in the morning. It was your birthday, but you didn't feel like anything special was going to happen. And with a fight that had gone off yesterday, you were sure everyone would ignore you today.

Yesterday when someone punched and kicked Crutchie over, you helpe him up and beat the crap outta the bully. You had to go home early and write a sentence saying "I won't hit someone" 100 times. You knocked the bag off the hook as Splinter came out of his room. "I see your awake as well young one", he said. He motioned for you to come to him. "You're getting presents. I promise. Your father was just upset, but he was proud you stepped up for your friend", Sensei said. You felt a tear roll down. "But I hurt him!!" You bellowed. "That doesn't mean you didn't mean to. Let me tell you a story", Sensei said. He sat on his knees while you sat down as well.

"A long time ago, your father, Raphael, was very similar to a bully. He always wanted to be first, he wanted to be tucked in first, all of that. One day, while he was chasing Micheal Angelo around the lair, he tripped. He ended up with a chuck of she'll come out of his plastron, right where he has the lightning blot crack. He swore to never hurt someone intentionally, that was close to him", Sensei finished. You stared long and hard at the floor. "But it was Uncle Mikey's fault, so it really wasn't his fault!!" You said. "That may be true, but I hurt myself and gave myself back some payback. I wouldn't hurt anyone for my life", Raph said from the dojo entrance. He walked over to you and sat down. "I got mad because I didn't want you to get hurt. And that you almost broke his arm", Raph said.

You hugged him as Splinter smiled. "Let's get the party started then!!!" Mikey said. A giant disco ball appeared in the middle of the dojo and uptown funk came on. You laughed and danced for a little until the music stopped and you opened presents. Everyone left the dojo when you opened the last one. It was a mask. Raph tied it to your face and Splinter held out sais. You bowed and took them. "Your in the big leagues now squirt."