Chapter Five

Chapter Five
Charity
Grace Cullen
Forks, Washington.
Port Angelos, Washington.

Friday crept towards me at an agonizingly slow rate. I was a gunshot victim to the town of Forks, and so that meant that I needed rest and time to heal. I was so bored being cooped up in the house all the time. I annoyed Esme to no end asking what I could do to help around the house, blowing through task in minuets in my eagerness to do something.

When it was finally time to get ready Friday afternoon, Alice offered to do some light makeup on Esme and I while Rosalie did our hair.

I had a very natural and soft makeup look accented with flirtatious eyeliner and mascara. Rosalie curled my chest length blonde hair into soft waves, further working to make me look soft and pretty.

"Oh these poor girls have no idea what you have planned for tonight, do they?" Esme giggled, looking dark and sultry in her crimson cocktail dress.

"No, I don't think they do." I laughed with her.

"Just go get in your dress already!" Rosalie ordered me excitedly.

"I'm dying to see it in person!" Alice cheered as I slipped into the bathroom to change.

I stepped out in the dress, showing off the thigh high slit and my black high heels, and the girls had a fit over it.

"Aunt Grace! You look hot!" Rosalie squealed, fawning over me with Alice.

"Well girls," Carlisle spoke from the doorway, laughing at his daughters antics "you know Grace used to be quite the wild card."

"Really?" Alice asked me and I couldn't help but smile to myself.

"Let's just say I used to have a lot of fun flirting." I snickered. "I used to put the Denali sisters to shame, really."

"I don't believe it!" Rosalie laughed, thrilled to see this side of me. "You're always so reserved."

"Well, after changing Edward and reconnecting with Carlisle, I settled down some when the family began to grow. I only get to have a wild night here and there." I shrugged.

"You've been luring poor humans into your trap while you had all of us at home?" Alice gasped. "What?"

"Not humans." I shook my head. "That's the Denali sisters thing. I've had a few flings with different vampires. I've lived a long life girls."

"Who?!" Rosalie pressed for details.

"Marcus of the Volturi, for one." Carlisle chuckled, taking my hand and spinning me in a fast circle.

"Marcus? Wasn't his mate killed years ago?" Alice asked.

"Yes. He's quite sullen now." Carlisle nodded. "Grace somehow lured him in." He teased me.

"Oh what? Like it's hard?" I teased him in return. "That was fun for awhile, until I got mixed up with Felix."

"Felix." Esme sneered her nose, nearly growling. "He's so vulgar and crude and you're so polished. I don't know how you can stand him."

"I can't." I shook my head. "He's a misogynist with a loud mouth and a temper. However, you don't have to like someone to fool around with them."

"Wow, this is a whole new side." Alice shook her head in disbelief. "I love it." She smiled wickedly.

"I feel so dirty now, you girls knowing my baggage." I shifted uncomfortably in front of the mirror. "I'm so embarrassed."

"No! Don't be!" Rosalie cried out. "We're so impressed!"