9

We met at the airport.

"How's my Parker Bug?" I hugged him. "Say hi to Auntie Panties?" He giggled a little but crossed his arms.

"I'm too old to call you Auntie Panties." he said. I tickled him, and his eyes lit up like they did years ago. I can't believe I have a kid of my own now...

A tug on my dress. "Mom!"

Speak of the devil.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"How long are you being gone?"

"Two weeks..."

"So, you come back tomorrow?" I laughed a little.

"No sweetie, not tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that. But Mommy and Daddy will be home soon, don't worry."

Lily crossed her arms. "That's like a million years!" she pouts, slurring her l's.

Josh walked up from behind me. "Don't worry, sweetie. Mom and Dad will be back before you know it. And while you wait, you get to spend time with your cousins, and Auntie Rachel, and Auntie Jessica, and Uncle Chris, and Uncle Matt-"

"aaand I think she gets it." I interrupted. Josh kissed my cheek, which caused Lily to giggle and run to play with her cousins.

Rachel approached us. "Hey lovebirds! Better get focused, 'cause the flight's in ten minutes!"

"Shoot, really?" Josh and I packed up our things and said bye to the family. We started to walk away, and I shouted, "Take care of everyone!" to Rachel.

"I'm pregnant!" was her response.

-----

another short chapter ;) i wanted to leave a bit of a cliffhanger