12

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and slipped on a sweater I got from a fan a few years ago. I set up my tripod and sat on my couch.

Beep.

"Hey." I said. "I miss you guys. It's been forever, I couldn't do it. I want to come back." A pillow fell off the couch, but I ignored it. "I don't know if I'll upload this, but-" I turned the camera off and took a breath. 

Beep.

"Attempt two."

"I've had fifteen years to talk to a camera. I've had so much time to be young, to be a 'celebrity,' to meet you guys, to hear your stories, to live the love story of my dreams. And yet, I still want more.

"I know I've already made a goodbye video, but, being the selfish bitch I am, I'm doing it again, just for the experience. I need to convince myself to move on.

"All I can say is goodbye. You guys saved my life. You guys are my life. But all good things must come to an end, right?

"So, yeah. That's it. If you managed to hack into my YouTube account and find my private videos, then bye to you too. Also, props for hacking. Teach me your skills. I should check out what Josh does in his spare time.

"It's over."

Beep.

"Momma!" Lily scrambled on to the couch. "Thwee days!" Lily's first day of preschool started on Monday. 

"Yeah!" I kissed my daughter on the nose and picked her up, swinging her around like an airplane. She giggled and flailed her chubby hands.

Just then, Josh walked in and put down his coat by the door. "Dada!" Lily jumped out of my arms and waddled to her father.

"How'd it go?" I asked Josh, who kissed Lily on the head. He had recently been laid off from work at Starbucks, because one of his coworkers used his Peet's Coffee promotion as an excuse to get rid of him. He had just gone to a job interview for Google.

"I don't know." He dropped his backpack. "Babe, I'm not having much luck finding a new job, and you aren't even looking! How are we going to support this family?!" I made a shocked face. Josh never raised his voice at me.

"I just need some time to recover-"

"From what?! It's been almost a year. There's nothing to recover from. You need a job!" I started to cry.

"Babe, I'm trying! It's just different! Now that I've been a YouTuber, I can't do my acting school, I can't work anywhere without being recognized-"

"Of course, because you're so freaking famous! You can't get a job, because you're a celebrity, and you can't walk in public without swarms of paparazzi following you around. Is that what this is?" Lily whimpered. I could tell she was alarmed from our fighting.

"Lily, please go to your room until Mommy and Daddy can work this out." I said, holding back tears. Lily nodded sadly and ran out of the living room.

"Don't you think I ever got a little jealous? Yeah, we would walk around, and someone would want to take a picture with you, but not me, because I'm just the boring husband. The few times I get recognized at work, I get excited. It makes me feel young, and excited, but you're so wrapped up in your own little world that you can't even consider your husband's feelings!"

"Babe, please calm down."

Josh pushed me onto the couch. He raised his arm aggressively, and I began to whimper. We were interrupted by a phone call, and Josh sat down, his face in his hands.

"Hello?" I said, trying to hide the sorrow in my voice.

"Is this Colleen Ballinger-Evans?"

"Yes, speaking."

"This is BuzzFeed Headquarters..."

---

"Thank you for the offer. I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

"What was that?" grouched Josh, still grumpy.

"Looks like your problem is solved. BuzzFeed just offered me a job."

Josh looked at me, confused.

"They want me to come into the office, write a few articles, maybe write and act in some sketches."

"That's great, hon, and perfectly timed."

"There's one problem."

"What?" He asked. "Can't be that big of a deal."

"I'll have to move to New York."

---

this chapter sucked im sorry writers block

byee