Caught Up In A Dream

Knights in shining armor?

Oh give me a break!

That's not what dreams are made of! I should know. I have the craziest dreams around.

I always thought that dreams were supposed to mean something. That's not the case with my dreams.

It all started when my Mom married my Stepdad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a cool Autumn day. It was beautiful!

We had just rolled into the driveway to this eery looking house. My Mom, Stepdad, and myself had all gotten out of the car to meet with the realtor of the old Victorian styled house.

My mother immediately fell in love with the it. Yep, I knew it. She turned over to her newly wed Husband.

"Oh honey! It's beautiful!" Said my Mother.
"I know dear. It's gorgeous." Said Braydon, my Stepdad.

Ever since the day my mom started seeing Braydon, and left my dad, I've never really liked him, but one thing I admire about him is the way he doesn't freak out at the sound of a pin drop, unlike my mother.

"Ahh!" Said the realtor "You've arrived! Fantastic!" Already this mans attitude was getting to me! I'm not the kind of girl who likes perkiness. It doesn't help that I was already aggravated to be here. This marriage, my parents splitting up, it was all wrong!

I kind of dozed off while the realtor was talking but we made our way into the glim, eery, house. My kind off thing!

I didn't really take interest into the house but from what I could hear, the house was very old, broken down, and the floors creaked, but of course that didn't matter to my mom.

"This place needs some work but it is livable and repairable, I promise you." The realtor said.

"Oh we just have to have this house it's to pretty to pass up!" Said my mom.
"Well it is fairly cheap."
There was something about the house that made me on edge, but I didn't want to be straight forward about it so I just said,
"Don't you guys think your just caught up in a dream?" Trying to sound sarcastic and hoping they could take a hint.
"Ugh!" My mom just snarled at me as they continued.

As we made our way into the master bedroom my mother once more said
"Oh this would be perfect for Dianna don't you think!" No one knew who she was talking to so everyone stood quiet. I of course started to change my mind about the house a bit.

By the end of the day the house was ours and we moved in immediately the next morning, since there were no tenants before us, which I found a little strange, but I didn't think of it much. The movers (my new uncles) were of course moving in our old furniture, along with my mom and stepdad.

I'm not the type of person who is interested in moving or stuff like that, so I decided to go explore the basement because the realtor refused to go down there. Odd man, he didn't even say why!

The basement was in fact huge! It was made entirely out of stone. There was a long hallway with many rooms down it. One room in particular caught my attention. The one at the end of the hall with a red door instead of black like the others. I started to make my way towards it and right before my hand touched the nob I heard a loud "CRASH!" I looked up to the ceiling but I just thought "it's probably just the movers!"

I turned the nob and it was like I was in a whole other world! The walls were painted beautiful shades of light blue, yellow, pink, and orange. With those colors made a big and beautiful mural though out the whole room. It had hills, flowers, and a beautiful light blue sky behind them.

"This room isn't really my style," I thought to myself as I am, I guess you would say "dark". "but I like it."

"DIANNA!" I hear my mom yell from the 2nd floor.
"GET UP HERE!"

Looks like I'm in trouble again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note From The Author:
I hope you guys enjoyed chapter 1 of Sweet Nightmares

Don't forget to comment, favorite, and follow me!

I really do appreciate it guys and make sure to let me know your enjoying this story so far and want more of it! Thanks Guys! ^-^