Why The Looks?

Today was my first day of seventh grade and I was a little nervous considering I was going to a new school and all, but I'm not really the one to get nervous about a new school and stuff like that. I was pretty much ready for the day ahead.

I was going to a public school since my parents had just bought a house and they didn't really have money to send me to a private school anymore. This is good because I get to wear my own clothes and not a stupid uniform anymore. I wasn't sure if I look good or not but I was already late and I had to rush things a bit so at that moment it didn't really matter what I looked like.

I wore a yellow shirt, a denim jacket over it, black tights, and short jeans over those black tights. For the short amount of time I had I thought I looked decent.

I ran downstairs to get my breakfast. I ate it quickly since the bus was already on its way, grabbed my lunch, and said goodbye to my mom and Braydon.

When I was at school I was making my way to my next class with my friend Bridget. Although this was my first year in this new school (and town) I've known Bridget for a while. Our parents work at same job and we've become pretty close friends, as she has lived in this town her whole life. It was actually Bridget's moms idea that we move here.

As we where walking down the hall I noticed that people were giving me strange looks. Almost everyone had some look on their face, pointed towards me.
I leaned over and whispered to Bridget.

"Wow, is what I'm wearing really that bad?!"
"What? No! You look fine! And it's not what you're wearing, it's where you're living that scares people."
"How do people know where I live?!"
She shrugged, "Beats me. Words gotten around fast though."
"It's only the first day of school! How could people be scared of me already?!"
I thought for a minute.
"Wait what's wrong with my house?!"
"Apparently, the person who built the house decided to live in it himself with his daughter."
"And?"
"Well, the daughter went missing and no one ever found her, till this day. The father drove himself insane, some people say he started to get sleep paralysis and he couldn't take it anymore so he committed suicide to end his sorrow."
We both stood quiet.
"No one ever bought or rented the house ever again, till now of course. You and your family."
"Rumor has it, that whoever enters the home and spends the night there gets unexplainable sleep paralysis. Which later leads to their 'suicide'." She said with her fingers doing quotation marks.
"How do you know so much about my house?"
"I'm into local history. Your house is very famous. Many books and such have been written about your house."
"Hm." The first bell rang.
"We're going to be late for class, let's go!" Bridget said.
Things were starting to make sense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed! Four chapters in one day now!!!! Whoa!!!! ^-^ Be sure to vote, share, follow, and comment on what you think is going to happen next! I've been working VERY hard today. So thanks guys! ^-^