Xander's POV

Okay, I know she said she didn't want protection but it is my duty as Telis of Meratle and by order of my Lord, Lord Tomas. I still don't see what he sees in her that he doesn't see in me, except for the fact that I am much powerful than she is and she's a human. Heh, what do I have to worry about. To become Lord/Lady of Meratle you must give up you humanity, and if I could sense her correctly, she wouldn't give that up. When Lord Tomas finally realizes she is unfit to be Lord, he will promote me as Lord. Imagine that! Lord Xander, former Head Telis and protector of Lord Tomas.

"I should report back to Lord Tomas." I said to myself.

I entered the portal back to Meratle or as the "Lady to be" Dianna calls it, the red door room.
---------------------------------------------
I walk into the palace. From a distance I am able to see Lord Tomas sitting upon his throne. I start to walking down the red and gold velvet carpet to him. Although I could have flown to him, I have made it so that all Telis' must walk to the present Lord as a sign of respect and show that they are worth waiting for. I can do vertically anything since I am Head Telis.

As an added sign of respect, all citizens must bow down to The Lord, kneeling and yielding their weapon, or putting their hands to the floor. It has been called Descending. I descended before my Lords thrown.

"My Lord," I said.
"Did she accept your offer, Xander?"
"No Sir. She rudely declined my protection from Niomy and the Nightmares."
"And you just let her go?" He said wisely.

I felt ashamed, but I didn't think much about it at the time. I stood silent and he looked like he was thinking.

"With all respect my Lord, I just don't see what you see in her. She is an inconsiderate, no good, manipulative, brat! She would never be as courageous as you were to sacrifice her own humanity!"
"Hm, Xander."
"Yes my Lord?"
"What happened to the Xander that didn't take no for an answer?"
"Heh. You told that Xander that not taking no for an answer isn't always good."
He chuckled. "I've taught you too well my son,"
I smiled.
"But, you must go back and protect her. She is the future of Meratle."
"But Sir!"
"That's enough Xander! Now if you can't do this I am sorry, but I will have no choice but to get someone else to take your place as Head Telis."
"B-Bu," I sighed. "Sir you wish that I go to the over world?"
"Precisely, but you must make yourself known. Show her you are her protector."
"Yes Sir." I said disappointedly and angrily, as I exited the castle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed and we are OFFICIALLY BACK! I hope to update my drawing book very soon so look out for that too. Anyways. . . Be sure to vote, share, follow, and comment on what you think will happen next!
ALSO! In the comments, put who's your favorite character so far! It can even be a Nightmare. :O