Chapter 3

Hours past before Donnie exited his lab making Raph and Mikey jump in the process...both red and orange banded turtle were surprised to see Leo follow behind the brainiac turtle. Leo smiled at their confused faces and hit Donnie with his elbow indicating he needed to tell them.

Donnie hesitated which scared the two waiting turtles...what was wrong with Leo was it that bad? Donnie spoke "He snuck out to clear his head and was followed but he lost them not before they shot him with a tranquilizer dart." Raph spoke still confused "So let me get this straight Leo was only hit with a trank (shorter version of tranquilizer dart) so he's fine?"

Both turtles nodded but Mikey was still confused "Wait why didn't he just tell us?" Leo looked at Donnie and smiled then spoke in a hoarse voice "I am fine just that was to mess with your nerves a little." Raph was mad that his brother would do this but when he looked at his arm he could see the white bandages wrapped around his arm...he noticed something stained on the once solid white fabric...blood...Leo's blood.

The eldest turtle could see the pity in Raph's eyes and spoke still kinda hoarse "Don't worry Raph it's not the first time I was shot with a trank. (From the 2007 cgi movie watch it because it's good)" Right when he said that the hotheaded turtle remembered fighting Leo then running off only to leave his brother alone on that roof to be shot with some tranks and taken by stone generals.

He was snapped from his thoughts when Leo said "Get ready for training it starts in 2 hours." It was now 11:30 almost lunch and since Leo was unconscious all that morning they get to train during lunch...Donnie went to his lab to study the dart and the  liquid.

Raph and Mikey began to play a video game and Leo was in the dojo training running through different katas and moves. Leo was in the middle of a kata when he felt a burning sensation in his arm where the dart had entered.

Soon his legs gave out he tried to scream but his throat was too dry and his voice was too hoarse to be heard over the video games volume.

Meanwhile in Donnie's lab (Don POV):

I was at my computer scanning the substance in the dart and the dart itself...I found no finger prints on the dart so I couldn't  find out who shot Leo with it. The scan of the liquid was almost done just a few more minutes left then I will know what was in the trank.

With Raph and Mikey:

Raph had beaten Mikey twice and Mikey had won 6 times...they were way into their game to hear the faint cry of their oldest brother, what game you may ask...well it was Mortal Kombat X.

Dojo with Leo (Leo POV):

I was sitting on my knees my arm was burning with white hot pain...it began to work its way down my legs, up to my shoulder and across my stomach affecting my other side. I didn't know what was happening I tried to yell again but it only came out as a whisper...my katanas were still sheathed on my back I tried to grab the hilt of the sword.

I finally got a hold of the handle once I had it free of the sheath I tried to use it to stand.

Back with Donnie (Don POV):

Just a few seconds....aaaannnnddddd it's done, I pulled up the scan of the liquid and began to read quietly to myself "Benzodiazepines....Antihistamines.....mecoprop...carbamazepine....sulfamethoxazole...Batrachotoxin.....propylparaben....Wait BATRACHOTOXIN!!!" I rushed out of my lab to tell the guys.

Dojo with Leo (Leo POV):

I kept trying to stand but just couldn't I ended up dropping both of my katanas and they slid away from me out of my reach. I couldn't move anything my insides were burning like my blood turned to gasoline and someone got a spark to close. I just prayed my brothers would come and help I know I sound like a baby but I can't move like at all...please hurry guys.

Suddenly I couldn't breath as if something was filling my lungs I began gasping for breath and managed to get out a few words before I completely lost the ability to talk "H-hurry p-pl-please."

Main room (No POV):

Donnie ran over to Mikey and Raph ans said "Guys I found something mixed in the dart!" The two turtles turned to the brainiac with questioning eyes so he continued "Batrachotoxin...." he saw the confused looks on their faces and in Mikey's words 'dumbed it down'. "Batrachotoxin is the most potent non-peptide based poison known."

Their still confused ok dumb it down more "It's a toxin from these poisonous frogs only found in Central America and Mexico...it's deadly it will start with burning pain spreading throughout your body then you can't move anything next your lungs begin to fill with blood and after that happens you die."

That got their attention both turtles bolted up and Raph asked "Was that in the dart that hit Leo!?" Don nodded and all three rushed to the dojo. Each hoping Leo was ok...hoping they weren't to late to save him.

Ok so all the chemicals I spoke of with Donnie are real not all of them or in tranquilizer darts well two of them are but the poison from the frogs is real and everything listed like where they are found and the symptoms are real I don't know the name of the frog though.