Thirtyeight

Thirtyeight. stood on a crowded subway train in Japan. He was a little uncomfortable. He had never been too Japan and he knew little about it. The only things he knew were that Japan had Godzilla, samurai, and anime. It was early in the morning as he made his way to the Society of the Occult's Tokyo branch. He rolled his eyes. Why would they reassign him to the Tokyo branch. He wished his friend Lilith was here. But she was in the United States with Kaiya. Damn! Why didnt they send him!? Kaiya was Japanese after all. So was Thirtyeight's friend Lilith! He lowered his head and looked around. At least Lilith had taught him enough Japanese to get by. Thirtyeight suddenly picked up a pained moaning and what sounded like a girl sobbing. Not a sound he liked to hear. He scanned the subway car. In the far corner he spotted a schoolgirl pinned against the wall facing out. Thirtyeight scanned down. The man behind her had his hand up under her skirt. If Thirtyeight wouldn't have had his scanning ability, he would have never noticed. He started trying to make his way to the girl. He found the people a little resiliant to move. Then he remembered something Lilith told him. The Japanese find it rude for a sick person not to wear a mask. Thirtyeight's eyes lit up as he let out a fake uncovered sneeze. The people around him pressed away just enough for him to pass through. As the man at the far end was enjoying his daily perversion, he felt his arm knocked to his side as a tall white man moved between him and his victim. He looked up in anger. How dare this foreigner disrupt his fun. He looked up to give him a dirty look and stopped cold. The man looking back at him had a stare that could freeze a volcano. Thirtyeight looked down at the man and kind of smiled. "Sumimasen". Then he turned away. Thirtyeight then whispered into the girls ear. "Eigo hanasu desu ka?" The girl looked back with tears in here eyes. "Hai." Thirtyeight smiled. "Has this happened before?" The girl nodded. "Yes. All the time. That man is a yakuza that my father owes a lot of money too." Thirtyeight nodded. " I'll ride this train with you every morning if you want." The girl smiled. "Really?" Thirtyeight grinned. "Absolutely." The girl looked down. "Wont it be a bother to you?" Thirtyeight grinned again. "Of course not. From the looks of it you go to my new school." He pointed at the girls uniform logo. "So whats your name?" The girl grinned real big. "Ami Miyamoto. Doumo Arigato senpai!" Thirtyeight laughed. "I'm Darryl Blacksheep. But everyone calls me Thirtyeight."