Chapter Twenty

I feel like Alice only there is no Wonderland.  I am falling down a rabbit hole and what is springing up around me is something twisted and disturbed.  A thousand eyes opened, closed and eventually burst as the enclosing sleeve brightened.  Covering my sight my nostrils convulsed.  A piercing odor collected and raped my lungs of fresh air.  It penetrated my sinus cavities and drilled into my brain.

     Then I landed upon a soggy layer of bloody ground.  Unearthly monstrosities gathered around, stared down with maimed sockets and macabre decorated faces that seemed to ripple and reinstate an even greater terror.  There was no way to count the numerous limbs under their violent talons, hooves and surreal appendages that stretched outward as though wanting to welcome me.

     A mouth under me opened at that moment and again I was falling.  Eternity was a cold and dark nightmare unfolding in brief flashes of horror and murder.  The images projected were a collage bordering along the lines of insanity and yet I couldn’t begin to describe every detailed play.

     I am in hell.  I never believed in it before, but I believe in it now.  I try to wake up, but I am already awake.  I try to shake off this feeling of worthlessness, but…there is no route to escape to. 

     And…it changes.

     In a room cased in darkness chains entangled barbed wire through each thick link.  Even the slightest breeze through one of many teeny cracks brushed over them and caused them to sway but never touch.  It was in the center of this where a lump stirred.  She opened her eyes though they burnt and cast low cherry waves that rippled as she blinked.  She didn’t care for the light that reminded her so much of a name she loathed.

     I am slipping ever further.  Why can’t I find someone who cares? 

     Bullies are demons.  They enslave me to their ideas that I am forced to consume but cannot digest.  And again ground met me with hard hitting might. 

     Here there is no reason to breath.  There is no reason to write.  There is no reason to exist.  And this is life for me.  Disliked for attempting to be artistic, I am flushed into another time as beneath me my world tilts and purges me.

     I do not belong here.  I don’t belong anywhere.  Colors spin around me until they blend together and bleed total darkness.

      Damon...?  Damon, where are you?!  Save me!  Can you save me?  Will tou save me?