s e v e n t e e n

"Thanks for walking me to my locker." I thank Zach, as I put away a few of the books I don't need. I have Biology next period, not fun.

"No problem, my pleasure. I need to make sure pretty girls get to their locker safely." he answers, causing me to giggle. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?" I question, while shutting my locker closed.

"Do you wanna-maybe-if you'd like-sit with me and my friends at lunch today?" he asks, a bit nervous. Aww, he's so cute.

"Sure." I answer, and pinch his cheeks. He smiles widely, and blushes at my actions. "Great! Well, class is about to begin. We should get going." he says. I nod, and we start making our way towards third period.

              ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ lunch time ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

"Come on Abbie, I wanna introduce you to my friends." Zach says excitedly, while dragging me to his lunch table. I struggle to keep one hand on my plate on the other on Zach. Once we arrive, Zack introduces me. "Guys this is Abbie, my gir-friend! Yea, my friend." he tells them, and they all smile and wave at me.

They all take time to introduce themselves. "Hi everyone, I'm Abbie." I introduce myself. Zach smiles, and pulls out a hair for me next to him. I set down my plate, and begin to eat.

"So Abbie, have you heard about Josh's party tomorrow night?" the boy named Justin questions, while plopping a spoonful of pudding in his mouth.

"Yea, I'm-"

"Nice try," Zach says, interrupting me. "She already agreed to go with me." Justin sticks his tongue out to Zach, then continues eating. "He's quite a flirt." he explains, and I nod.

The group continues talking, occasionally asking me questions about myself and wondering if I would sit with them tomorrow. I didn't know what to do, so I just said yes. As I turn back to look at my friends, I lock eyes with Mingus. "What the heck?" he mouthes, then points at the table I'm sitting on. I shrug my shoulders, and turn back around.

Once lunch was over, we make our way towards our next period. As I say goodbye to Zach, somebody pulls my arm and drags me across the room. I turn around and see Mingus.

"What were you doing, sitting with them?" he asks, the rest of the group behind him. Yes, including Chandler.

"He asked me to sit with him, I couldn't say no." I answer.

"Yes you could've. Just say oh sorry, I don't like you. That's all you need to do!" Josh says. I gasp, and lightly punch his arm.

"But I do like him, and I'm not gonna screw it up. He actually invited me to go with him to your party." I tell him while he just rolls his eyes.

"Oh really? Well I was thinking, I should cancel my party." Josh says, while looking up innocently. I send him a cold glare.

"You wouldn't dare." I say, and Josh sends me a smirk.

"Watch me." he states, then grabs a chair and stands on top of it. Oh no, he's gonna do it. "Everybody!" he yells, and the whole lunchroom turns to him. "Party's canceled! My parents changed their plans, so no party!" he adds, and a series of aww's and boo's filled the air. He gets off the chair and walks over to me.

"You little b¡tch." I say, a small smile of humor on my face.

"I love you too Abbie." he says, then blows a kiss and walks away. I look over at Chandler to see him laughing.

"You think this is funny?" I ask him.

"Yea, I actually do." he answers, sending me a smirk.

"His party canceling doesn't stop me from going out with Zach. So instead of being with a large group of people. It'll be just me and Zach, alone." I say, and send him a wink. His mouth drops open, and I start walking away. Got him so good.

      ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

"So the party's cancelled." Zach says, while scratching the back of his neck. "That sucks."

I cackle a laugh. "Yea, it really does." I reply.

"Well, i still want to hang out with you." he says. "What if instead of the party, I take you on a date Friday night?" he asks me.

"That'd be great." I answer.

"Really? Well, then I guess I'm looking forward to Friday." he says excitedly. "I gotta go, my bus is about to leave, bye." he says, then pecks my cheek and walks away.

I look to my right and end up locking eyes with Chandler. He glares at me, while I just send him a smirk and walk off.