Chapter 17: and finally, after what felt like an eternity

Another time lapse bc I really suck. Just imagine the practising went well, the gig's just finished and they're all hyped up. I'm skipping so I can get to the good Malum stuff okay.
~~~

The adrenaline each of the boys could feel pumping through their veins was incredible. They all felt invincible and immortal at that moment, like they could do absolutely anything and the outcome would be grand. They all piled into Ashton's van, Luke and Calum sat in the back squished in the middle of all their instruments, but they didn't seem to mind at that point. Michael was sat beside Ashton unable to wipe his stupidly wide grin off of his face. He glanced over to Ashton who smiled at him and squeezed his thigh. "I can't believe we did a fucking show," Calum said. Michael twisted around in his seat and rested his chin on his folded arms by placing them on the back of the front seats. He smiled at Calum as he spoke "We're amazing."
"Fucking amazing," Luke chimed in. 

Michael didn't tear his eyes from Calum but he knew Luke would have been smiling too. He had to hide his fond smile behind his arms as he looked up at Calum, mindlessly chatting with Luke, hardly noticing his friends fixated stare on him. "Hey," Ashton said, patting Michael's leg so that he turned back around "Roll down your window," Michael frowned but decided not to question it. He was more than happy to conform to anything when he felt like this. 

The window got stuck at least twice and in the end Michael had to harshly push down on the glass. He heard Ashton fumbling around with some tapes and a few moments later Paranoid Android by Radiohead was flooding through the speakers. Michael leaned back in his seat and stuck his arm out the window. His eyes were shut and he still had a dopey smile on his face as the cold air numbed his arm. He could care less about his blood circulation at this point. He couldn't even tell Luke and Calum's voices apart as time dragged on. 

It wasn't until he felt a pair of lips brushing against his neck that he dragged himself back into reality and looked over at Ashton. "We're at the park," Ashton said before jumping out the van. Michael sat up and watched through the mirror as Ashton ran up to Calum and Luke and jumped on Luke's back, almost sending the two toppling onto the floor. He sighed before heaving his door open and running over to Calum and slinging his arm around his shoulders.

The bright blue sky was now dark and as Michael dragged Calum over to the swing set, much to the younger boys distaste as he wasn't fond of swinging, he wondered how long they'd been driving for. 

Michael lent back on his swing and stared up at the glimmering stars as he slowly moved. There weren't many stars out and it made Michael feel a little sad. The pout that made it's way was soon turned into a smile once Calum's face made it's way into his view. He was stood behind Michael's swing, looking down at him. The shadows on his face made him look strange but Michael didn't care. His smile only increased once Calum placed his hands at either side of Michael's face and leaned down. He watched as Calum's pupils dilated moments before he closed his eyes and finally, after what felt like an eternity, kissed him. It was nothing more than a long peck. Michael could feel where Calum had bit at his bottom lip and he wanted to swipe his tongue over the indents, but seeing as they were in a spider-man position, it would have been impeccably hard to do so.

When Calum pulled away, Michael's chest felt like a weight had been lifted off it. He took one hand off of the swing's chains and placed it on top of Calum's, his thumb traced lightly across the tan boys skin. He was scared to press down too hard, he didn't want Calum to pull away. "I love you so fucking much, Michael," Calum whispered. Michael didn't think it was possible to feel any happier.
"I know," He said, patting Calum's hand before sitting up and standing up from the swing. He manoeuvred around the set and gently grabbed Calum's cheeks, tilting his head down so that he could place a gentle kiss on Calum's forehead. "And I love you too."

Calum grinned and moved to kiss Michael again but he was stopped by two firm hands on his shoulders. "Let's go find Luke and Ash," Michael said, lacing his fingers with Calum's and dragging the confused boy to where they were sat under a tree.

"So what happens now?" Ashton asked as he pulled up outside Michael's house.
"Well, you're in the band," Luke shrugged.
"Oh so I get no choice in this?" 
"Absolutely not," Calum said "And besides, you're the only person we know who can drive."
"Oh so I'm just your chauffeur?" Ashton jokingly asked, turning towards Michael, who hadn't said a word since they left the park.
"Yeah," He muttered before opening his door "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Michael didn't use to question when Calum invited himself in and snuggled up with him in his bed. If anything he appreciated the company and it made him feel less shit when he woke up in the mornings with a Calum in his arms, but for some reason his mood had plummeted. "Michael, wait!" Calum shouted after him, running up his path as Michael fumbled with his keys. He heard Ashton drive off so he left the door open when he walked inside for Calum. His mum's work shoes were gone so he threw Calum the keys to lock up.

"Are you just going to ignore me now?" Calum asked. They were both in bed and Calum was wrapped up in Michael's arms like they usually were, only this time it didn't feel half as warm and comforting as it usually did.
"What do you want me to say, Cal?" Michael mumbled into Calum's hair, pulling him closer.
"Anything would be good right now."

Michael was silent for a moment before he said "We're not going to date, if that's what you were thinking," Calum felt himself deflate at the soft tone of Michael's harsh words "I don't do the whole boyfriend boyfriend thing."
"I know," Calum whispered. He couldn't stop himself from saying "I'm not him, Mikey, I'm not," He managed to wiggle out of Michael's grip so that he could look at Michael's emotionless face. "I'm not gonna leave you, or hurt you," Michael didn't even blink.
"Go to sleep, Cal," Michael muttered, turning his back on Calum.

He waited an hour or two before getting up and throwing on a random band shirt and pair of jeans before climbing out his window. Michael thought Calum would have been asleep but he wasn't. He heard Michael slowly shut the window and he had to bite the pillow to stop himself from sobbing at how cold Michael's bed felt.

Michael found himself at the pub a few minutes later and it wasn't long before he was dragged into the bathroom and there was a strangers cock down his throat.

~~~
:(( I'm sorry but I have this all planned.