Chapter 6: I will break all of your game cartridges

Btw, Ashton will be in this fic, just not for a little while.
~~~

It's not until two weeks later that Michael cracks. Calum, being the amazing friend that he is, decided to invite, well, drag Luke, to Michael's humble abode. "What the fuck," was the first thing Michael said when he saw Luke slowly trailing into his room behind Calum. His gaze was fixated on the floor, like he was expecting to blend in and pass undetected.
"Mike, shut the fuck up," Calum sternly said, walking over to Michael's resting place of on the floor with his back propped up against the bed, and jabbing his chest with his index finger "If you say one thing that upsets him I will break all of your game cartridges and change your wifi password. Don't test me, Clifford."
"What if he says one thing that will upset me?" Michael suddenly blurts out that causes Luke to recoil slightly.
"Well seeing as you've never even spoken to him properly I doubt that will happen," Michael clenches his jaw when he makes eye contact with Luke.
"Whatever," He mumbles and throws an xbox controller at Calum.

"You're probably wondering why I've gathered you both here today," Calum says after twenty eight minutes of Fifa. Luke was timing them from the other end of the room. He continues when he doesn't get a response "I think it's time you two set aside your differences," Calum shrugs. Michael and Luke's heads automatically snap towards Calum and both display shock. Michael's worried that Calum detects the increase of the thumping of his heart when he turns to look at him. "I don't understand why you hate each other so much."
"I have a few reasons-" Michael starts but is interrupted by Luke.
"Please don't," It's the first time Luke's actually spoken to him since they said goodbye on the first of November and Michael doesn't know how to respond. He's been so used to making sure to highlight Luke in the worst possible light behind his back that he doesn't know how to deal with actual words that come out of his mouth.
"See! Even Luke's in agreement!" Calum says, raising his arms up in the air and dropping them to his sides in a grand gesture sort of way.
"It's none of your business, Cal."
"Michael," Calum sighs, and Michael knows he's on the receiving end of a lecture "I never ask questions about anything, you know that. I know hardly anything about you and I'm really not fussed about it," Calum says, inching closer to the boy, "I just want you to do this one thing for me. Just try to give Luke a chance. Please, for me?" Calum asks, he's practically sat on Michael's lap at this point.

A second passes and Michael reaches his arms out so that Calum can actually climb on his lap. He slots himself comfortably with his legs straddling Michael's waist and their torso's pressed tightly together. Michael wraps his arms around Calum's waist and whispers "I don't know if I can, Cally," it's barely audible but Calum manages to pick it up.

Luke's still sat at the other side of the room. He just feels plain awkward and resorts to paying his attention into smudging the black sharpie pen on his fingernails that Calum had talked him into doing earlier.

"I'm not asking you to be best friends with him," Calum whispers back. Their faces are so close at this point that their lips brush together slightly when they move them to talk. If Calum wasn't his best friend Michael would probably be kissing him right now. If Luke wasn't in the room he would be kissing Calum right now. He'd kissed Calum before when they were younger, only ten at most, but he doubted that Calum remembered that.
"I know."
"I just don't want it to come to the point where I have to decide between the two of you," Calum admits, ducking his head so that Michael can no longer gaze into his eyes. He sighs and moves a hand to Calum's neck and pushes it forward so that they're hugging now. He looks over at Luke and Luke's looking back at him.
"We'll try," Michael states, which causes Luke to nod his head, even though he's fully aware that Calum can't see him.

Calum presses his lips against Michael's neck a couple of times before he pulls himself from his lap and stands up on shaky legs. Luke stands up too, but he's still looking at the floor. "I'll see you tomorrow," Calum says when shooting Michael a quick smile.
"Bye Cal."
"Are you coming, Luke?" Calum asks and Luke shakes his head, which doesn't seem to faze Calum at all. "Okay, bye guys."

Luke slowly walks over to Michael and flops down onto the floor next to him "Well, the last thing I expected was for you to want to spend more time than necessary with me," Michael said, staring at the wall in front of him rather than at Luke's side profile.
"Why didn't you tell Cal?" Luke asked, blatantly ignoring Michael's statement.
"Why would I?"
"You're best friends," Luke shrugs, like it's the most obvious thing in the world: best friends tell each other everything.
"He doesn't need to know."
"You don't tell him anything, do you?" Luke asks and Michael's still slightly in shock that Luke's managed to say this many words to him.
"Do you think if Cal and I met now we'd become friends?" Michael wanders out loud, finally daring to peer over at Luke's blank expression.
"No."
"I don't either."

"I was giving him a blowjob," Luke spoke up after a long period of silence. "When you called him, his dick was in my mouth but he still answered." Michael couldn't help but laugh at that. "You'd think he'd prioritise," Luke huffed, rather childishly.
"I love him," Michael said quietly, almost like he was scared what would happen if someone heard him.
"I know you do," Luke said, reaching out and lacing his and Michael's hands together. Usually Michael would have shoved him and told him to fuck off but as of now he really appreciated the comfort. "And let me guess: you reckon if he knew about half the stuff that goes on inside your head he'd never speak to you again?"

Michael rested his head on Luke's shoulder "My mum's making me talk to Doctor Green again," Michael mumbled "Calum knows about her but he doesn't know why and one day he'll ask."
"And you'll blurt it all out," Luke responded, and dropped his head softly onto Michael's. "Maybe it'll end in hot butt sex like it did with us."
"That's not funny," Michael mumbled.
"I didn't intend for it to be," Luke sighed and pulled away from Michael. He turned around so that he was facing him "I want him to know, I want him to know the reason why we're so," he started flailing his arms around, trying to think of an appropriate word to describe their situation, but instead settled on "Us."
"I don't want him to," Michael snapped.
"He's going to find out eventually."

~~~
MukeMukeMukeMuke! I'm in mid-debate with myself as to whether to add a Muke smut scene to this fic..