31: Out

A/N I'm sorry I really can't write prison scenes, so Amy and Jake should be out within no time for my sake. it took so long to update and I really got frustrated with it.

Chapter 31: Amy's POV: Out

I couldn't sleep that night. Lying on a basic piece of fabric-covered wood with no more than an inch-thick throw was definitely not helping either. Jake's absurd idea to contact Tyler was completely ridiculous. Despite Jake being adamant that Tyler has a little thing for me, I struggle to believe that a miniature crush would give him the motivation to get us out of jail for the high price they were asking for. Unless he really did have a mini fortune stacked away like Jake said? All I knew was that I couldn't bare the one night here, never mind weeks or months until trial was over.

"For real girl, you gotta' get some sleep." I heard Rhonda scorn from her side of the room.

At least I had a friend in here, I suppose. Jake was on his own, and that's not fair. He's most likely chatting up the prison guard by now.

Sleep was my best friend (as I've stated more than once) and I loved closing my eyes and switching off, but not now. Something in the bitter air was slowly chewing on my skin, stopping me from even blinking. I was an innocent girl locked inside a cage with a freaking sassy American who thinks she's my prison-mother. God, if only I could see my actual mother and just explain to her. Sure, the police have 'been in contact and told her everything', but I strongly doubt they will have told her the part where Sam dangled me off of a platform. Yeah. Not a chance.

"Rhonda, how long are you in here for?"

"Got myself in here last year, still got two more."

"What did you do?"

"You ain't supposed to ask those questions in here."

"I'm curious."

"Well, my brother smoked marijuana. Had an addiction. One day, he was goin' out for some reason, but said he had 'a customer' coming for four o'clock. I said I could handle it. When the doorbell rang, I picked up the envelope he asked me to. Then I opened the door and there the police were."

"Did your brother not admit to it?"

"Hell no." She sighed. "He died on the way home, some other type of drug he ain't told me about."

All of a sudden, a great cloud rolled over me as I turned around on my cold, hard excuse of a bed. My eyelids felt droopy and I suppose I just drifted away.

Slow, gradual, darkness.

****
12:30PM The Next Day..
****

"I doubt you were expecting a call from a prison, huh?" I chuckled trying to break the silence, awkwardly picking at the chipped polish on my nail.

"Slightly out of the norm." Tyler replied without a hint of personality in his tone.

" 'The norm' ?" I questioned, frowning at his language choice. "Lame."

"I'm not the one sat in handcuffs, Amelia, what am I even freaking doing here?" He growled.

"Wow. Judging by when we last thing out, I thought you were cool, nope, you're an ass."

"I'm an ass, yet you're head over heels for Jake?"

"What the hell is that meant to mean? Are you jealous?"

"He's the whole reason you're here to begin with, and you're asking me to get you out?"

"That's not fair. You're his best friend."