Arrival

<<Ryes POV>>

I spread my arms unable to sleep, "Universal powers, huh?"

I stare at a bottle of an energy drink we have gotten lately for shifts. I pick up the book I snagged during the fight, Guide of the Unexpected: Goldman Laboratories. Scream after scream they each yell out in pain first Don, then Isla, continuing to Diala and Rose. I watch as they hold their hands to a certain part of their body as I hold the  middle of my  chest as a blinding light shoots from it. Soon after I feel a jolt of steaming hot pain as my skin on the chest bubbles of the massive heat burning my chest, it glows a brilliant light upon the area. The pain gets worse each minute, but died down around seven minutes in. We each look to find a emblem burned into our skin each was different then the other.

We are getting closer to Los Angeles, I'm scared but also glad that I can see my home even though I very vaguely remember it just like everything else. I sometimes turn into my sleek black cat form just to remember that I'm not normal.

I focus at the bottle fixated in my hand. "Imagine it in my hand...the bottle isn't there it is in my h-" I feel the glass bottles coldness drip onto my skin as I stare to see it in my hand. I stretch my arm over the table as a blue light shines from the circle. I do it again on my wall; it's a portal. I stick my hand through and laugh a bit.

We have been investigating our powers recently. Rose doesn't understand hers, Diala can only turn her limbs invisible, Don can lift objects that are light with lots of concentration, Isla can faintly hear her voice and mine inside of her head. I still can't really do mine. A lot of the ride is us trying to use it.

After days of waiting, we have finally arrived to Los Angeles. We all stare out eagerly as we wait to see the house. We pull up to a two story house with a basement. We park on the road in front of the house and slowly tumble out of the motor home. The house is pale from age with a black rooftop. We each open the unlocked doors and walk through the old house with a creak in each step. I walk through the house slowly, examining everything, trying to recall more from what I vaguely remember. I walk upstairs, finding the bedrooms as I sleekly shimmy down the hall. I open the door, seeing a room decorated of toys and trains on the walls.

"Guys, head down to the kitchen!" hollers Isla. We each hurry to the kitchen. As I walk down, I spot a picture of my family, but soon after, I drop the picture, rushing to the aid of Isla as she screams. By the time I arrived, Isla collapsed with five envelopes in her hand. We help her regain conciousness as Isla starts to explain, "Sh-She's we-we-"

"I think we should open our letters," Rose cuts off Isla quickly and opens the letter. She takes out on object and knits her eyebrows. "It's an amulet...with the crest that's scarred on my chest... And a note..." One after we one we open them finding a amulet of our emblem with a note as Isla pants out sweating, "TH-THE LADY IN MY D-R-REAMS SHES HERE..."

SO SORRY about my short chapter :-: I promise I'll make a really long one next -Rye