Giving Up

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING FOR ATTEMPTED SUICIDE AND GRIEVING OVER A LOVED ONE The Doctor sat in his TARDIS, face wet with tears. He tried to hold it in as he always did, he really tried. He kicked the console angrily. "Why did it have to be her? She was- was so special and beautiful...WHY HER?!" He kicked again, oblivious to the pain in his foot. "What's the point," he said quietly. "Why save the universe when I couldn't even save her. I'M A FAILURE! LOUSY TIME LORD!" He banged his head against the console and dissolved into tears. "I want her back...I want her here...please...why did this have to happen to me? I-I loved her so much. A-and now she's gone. Because of me. I just want to travel with her again. The Doctor and Rose, forever. But there's no such thing as forever... Old Girl, take me There. One last time." The TARDIS hummed sadly, as if crying. But she couldn't disobey her Doctor's last wish. She went to Gallifrey, breaking the laws of time, and opening up the void for a brief second. The Doctor, prepared to fall in, caught someone, then it was too late and the TARDIS teleported to random vortex coordinates. The girl was unconscious and had her hands over her face. When The Doctor removed her hands from her face, he was so shocked he thought he was dreaming.

It was Rose Tyler