Chapter One

I am a leader. I am a leader. I can't believe I, Mackenzie Tucker, am about to become one of the fearless officials that I have been trying to avoid for the past year of my life.

Let me explain. A few months back, my best friend (and boyfriend), Logan Cannon, heard about the Keepers. The only way you could ever find out about this secret group of people was if they wanted you to. In other words, Logan was essentially accepted into the Steam.

When Logan first met with the secret Keepers, he immediately wanted to learn more about the Steam. From then on,  Logan met with them almost every night. Once, he came back practically glowing. I found out that soon he would be able to run away to the Steam, and that I could come with him. We quietly packed up our belongings and snuck out of the house, avoiding main streets and watch stations.

Our escape was going perfectly until four leaders ambushed us. Logan got the chance to escape, and I let him, promising I would be safe and try to see him as soon as possible. Little did I know the plans the leaders had for us.

___________________________

Okay guys, so there's the first chapter! I know it's short, but I just wanted to give you a teeny tiny sample of what's coming up. That is, if anyone's interested in this story. Please let me know! I randomly got the idea for this book in a dream (super crazy, I know) and then discovered Wattpad and decided to write it, so I'm pretty new to all this. If anybody wants to explain anything to me, feel free! Thanks for reading!
-Emma