Chapter Eight

Mackenzie
My mission is happening. Tommorow. Its been three months since I first got here, but it feels like a lifetime. I can't remember anything from the past. I am Agent Tucker, member of Leader Steam Infiltration Unit. Being a leader is my life, and my only life. I am strong. I am powerful. I have no feelings, no past memories, and nothing holding me back.

Sometimes, a vision of a brown haired boy pops into my head. I have no clue who he his, but there's an urging feeling, once in a while, to remember. To remember the boy, or the little girl that speaks to me in my sleep, or the woman that I see in the face of others.

I have to prepare. This will be war. We have the element of surprise, since those clueless rebels have no idea that we're coming. They are strong, and have serious skill. But we are Leaders. They are rebels. And leaders, throughout all of our history books, have triumphed over rebels.

Or so I thought... Looking back on that diary entry in my later years made me realize how foolish I was, and the mistakes I made that cost lives.

-

Logan
I thought Mackenzie would have written a letter by now, but Guchii might have not been able to deliver it. We had gotten word of an attack coming, from the Leaders. Everyone was busy preparing as best we could, with the hypnos patrolling. I had only been at the Steam for one other raid, and it was terrifying. Hypnos and Leaders were surrounding the shack, which was our only source of shelter at the time. There were bullets flying in, and a few flying back the other way from the meager pistol that one of the older rebels had snuck out from society. Since then, we'd made improvements, and we just had to hope that they hadn't.

They do things to your mind, when you become a leader. That was one thing I learned when I became a Rebel. Poor Mackenzie. I miss her every day.

-

The Keepers brought me a letter today, from Mackenzie. From what I can understand, she's been turned in to a Leader, and a pretty powerful one at that. So powerful, in fact, that she's in the SIU (Steam Infiltration Unit). This is bad. Really, really bad. The Leaders all look the same, and if Mackenzie is in the SIU they will have wiped her memory. Leaders are smart; they manipulate people very easily. I bet they had this planned all along. Well, I know something they don't. The Keepers have a treatment to reverse the Leader medications, as long as they haven't gone full Machine.