Chapter Two

"Okay Tucker, sign here, and you'll begin your training," ordered Dr. Chillwit. It wasn't like I had a choice. I needed to become a leader, because Chillwit made it pretty clear that bad things would happen if I didn't follow orders.

Shakily, I signed my name on the contract. There is no going back now. I am a leader. The fact disturbs me, but I need to get over it, and fast.

"I hope you aren't having second thoughts now, Miss Tucker?"

"Of course not," I replied through gritted teeth. Leaders can tell when you're lying, so it doesn't really matter what I say.

"Then we shall begin training at once!" Cackled Dr. Chillwit with a sly grin that immediately made me terrified of what was to come.

*** (3 days later)***

"When I press this button, you will be put in a simulation to test your new skills for your final test," the instructor explained in a monotone.

"But what if I-"

"No 'buts'" said Chillwit from behind me. "If you fail... Well let me just say I wouldn't want to be you right now" and with that, she walked away, leaving me with the creepy instructor.

Beep. He pressed the button. Oh boy, I am not ready I thought to myself just as the simulation began.

It was surprisingly easy, and with my new skills and knowledge combined with my already sharp mind, I found myself finished in no time.

"Congratulations, Mackenzie Tucker! You have passed your training!" Announced a speaker on the wall. Great, just great. Now it's official. I am a leader.