Betrayal

I walk to school, thinking about how kind and understanding Alex was last night. He could have just laughed at me but he didn't. And he basically said that he has feelings for me as well! But he won't break up with Megan for me. Oh well that's probably best... Megan would kill me if I managed to break them up.

Talking of killing me, I walk into school and see Ruth glaring at me... uh-oh what's happened?

I walk over to them and say, "Hey guys! What's up?"

They all start mumbling amongst themselves. What have I done? I hear footsteps behind me and turn to see Megan walking towards us with tears running down her face. When she sees me her face hardens and she turns away, back the way she came from.

"Megs wait!" Amy calls, as her and Gabrielle follow her.

I turn back to face the others, "So, uh... what's up with Megan ?" I ask.

Suddenly Ruth blurts out, "You told Alex you like him! He told Megan who is really upset that you went behind her back to try to break the two of them up! She feels betrayed that you, one of her first friends, would do something like this!"

What!?! He promised me he wouldn't tell her! I hate him! I absolutely hate him! Well... actually I don't. I love him but I hate the fact that he lied to me. I thought I could trust him! I feel tears running down my cheeks as I say, "But... I didn't try to break them up... I just wanted him to know how I feel... I needed to tell him so that I could move on... he... he promised me he wouldn't tell anyone and... he told Megan? I didn't want her to find out because I knew she would be hurt by it! What have I done?"

I sink to my knees and let the tears come freely. Ella comes running over and tries to comfort me. But she doesn't know what I've done! She doesn't know what a horrible person I am! I hate myself. I hate the way I am too trusting, I hate what I've done to Megan but most of all I hate the fact that I fell for Alex...

************************************************************************************************************

I know this is short but I'm really busy. Hopefully you like it and please remember to comment and/or vote :)

Also thanks to writeforfun who has written a new summary for me :)

This chapter is dedicated to ethelfleda for her comment that encouraged me to keep going with this story. Thanks also to KittyKatGurlll101, wickedgleek96, ranna2410 and girlepinkk16 for their lovely comments! :) Please check out all of their stories