A dream come true?

"I can't believe he only called me to say how much he loves Megan! It wasn't meant to end like that! But I eventually managed to convince him that he was better off without her so now I just have to convince him that to get over her he should date me... time to start working on a plan!"

I finish writing my diary and start thinking about what I should do. How can I convince Alex that he should ask me out? I think I should see if he wants to meet up to "take his mind of Megan".

Lauren: Hey Alex! How are you today???

Alex: Hi Lauren! I've been better tbh :(

Lauren: Sorry to hear that. Do you want to meet up and do something to take your mind off things?

Alex: Um... sure. What do you want to do?

Hmm... what should we do..? I know! We should go to the beach and have a picnic whilst we're there! That is the perfect activity! It seems like just a friendly activity but the picnic is slightly date-like! Especially if I tell him I'm busy until three because then we will have to meet up later so the picnic will be later and I'll try to postpone it until it's sunset!

Lauren: Hmm... maybe we can go to the beach? It is such a sunny day after all... :)

Alex: Okay. What time do you want to meet up?And where?

Lauren: Well I can't get there until half three so half three? And lets go to Beauport because practically nobody goes there so we definitely won't bump into... well you know... why don't we bring some picnic food so that we don't have to leave really early to go home to eat dinner!

Alex: I guess that's a good idea. I'll see you there then.

Alex has logged off.

I switch off my laptop and run upstairs to get ready. What should I wear?! I pick out my girly, white sundress and hold it up against myself, looking in the mirror. It looks beachy, flirty but not too flirty and I look totally cute in it! It's perfect. To finish off the beach look I grab my turquoise bikini to wear underneath, my white gladiator sandals and my huge sunglasses.

I rush into the shower and totally pamper myself so that my skin and hair will look gorgeous. As I step out I glance at the clock in the mirror and see that it is quarter past two. I only have forty-five minutes until I have to leave! I tie my hair up out the way and get dressed. I run into my bedroom, untie my hair and start blow drying it, deciding to leave it down. In the mirror I see that I have dark circles under my eyes from not being able to sleep last night so I apply some concealer and decide to put on a little waterproof mascara. I'm finally ready! It's five to three now so I grab a towel out of the cupboard, put it in my bag with the rest of my stuff and leave the house to get the bus to the beach.

************************************************************************************************************

I arrive at the beach and see Alex standing there, looking upset. He sees me and waves, attemptingto smile. I slowly walk over to him. What shall I do when I get there? Should I hug him? Or will that look flirty? No... I hug all my friends... oh gosh, I'm nearly there.

"Hey." I say as I reach him and pull him into a hug, "I'm really sorry about what happened between you and Megan."

I can't believe I just hugged him! 

"Thanks." he replies, "But can we please not talk about it?"

"Sure. Shall we go down to the beach?"

He nods so we go down. I can't believe it! I've been dreaming about this for months! Even though it's not actually a date... I can change all that... soon.