Comfort

*Hiccup POV*

What? Astrid is pregnant?!

We're not even Wed! We're in serious trouble!

What am I going to do? I'm only 20! I can't become a father!

"N-no, that can't be." I started, sitting next to Astrid with an arm around her in a comforting way. "We're not even married."

I saw a tear stream down Astrid's freckled cheek, I wiped it off.

"Hiccup..." Astrid turned to face me. "What are we going to do?"

I started to think about it, but got no ideas.

This was mainly my fault anyway. I felt like emotions were going to explode out, flow from me, but I didn't want my mom to see me like that.

"We can't go back to Berk, we'll just get banished once they find out." Astrid continued.

"Mom, w-what's going to happen?" I asked, scared thinking about raising a child at 20.

"I don't know, son. I'll just tell you one thing, I know what she's going through. I mean, I had you, didn't I?" My mom was trying to comfort us, but it didn't work. It's different this time.

"Yeah, but you and Dad were married when you had me. We're not! We're not ready to raise a child alone!" I almost yelled. I didn't mean to yell at my mom, it just came out under all the pressure in the past few minutes.

"Hiccup." My mom put a comforting hand on our cheeks and wiped our tears away. "It's okay. You're not alone. I'll be with you guys. I'll be here for all of you. Hiccup, Astrid, and your baby."

She paused and turned to Astrid. "I'll be right here for you if you need anything, okay, sweetheart?"

Astrid nodded slowly as I comforted her a bit more.

"You guys can stay here with me!" My mom jumped up joyfully.

"In my Dragon Sanctuary!" She spun around in circles, in excitement.

"Dragon Sanctuary?" Astrid and I said at the same time, as I helped her up with my right hand. As soon as she was up, she almost immediately wrapped her arms over my right arm and her head on my shoulder.

"Come." My mother managed to spill out. "I need to show you something."

I can't think. All I know is that in the next seven to eight months, I'll be a father...