Impossible

(( Original A/N: This one was interesting to write, I got to experiment in switching between POV's so it was pretty fun! c: I hope you enjoy it! ))
--

"Tell them all I know now, shout it from the rooftops, write it on the skyline. All we had is gone now." Impossible by James Arthur

---

Damon waltzed into the boarding house not bothering to announce his arrival as he made his way to the foyer with Katherine following closely behind him. He walked over to his drink cart, jumping slightly when he heard Elena's voice shriek.

"Damon!"  she yelled in alarm, jumping quickly up off the couch, a hand pressed to her mouth as she stared at him like a doe caught in the head lights, her eyes wide and round as she looked at him guiltily.

He frowned at her, confused at the weird way she was acting when Stefan sat up slowly from where she had apparently just been on top of him. Stefan smiled, somehow making it double as a wince as he said, "We uh, we didn't realize you would be home so early." a slightly apologetic look on his face when Damon scrunched his nose in disgust at what they had obviously been about to do, "Ditto." he said, continuing pouring his drink.

"Damon we still need to talk abou-" Elena cut off, her voice dying in her throat as she took notice of their guest.

Katherine grinned, resting a hand on her hip, her legs slanting carelessly as she met Elena's gaze steadily, "Hey cupcake." she purred, her tone feral and teasing, Elena's entire form stiffening at the sound of her voice.

"Stefan." Katherine nodded at him civilly, ignoring their icy stares as she walked over to Damon sexily, taking the drink he had just poured from him, for herself. Damon simply glaring at her halfheartedly before pouring himself another glass.

"Oh, please!" she said innocently, a too sweet smile on her face as she spoke, her words obviously directed at Elena.

"Don't let us stop you." she insisted, shrugging before gesturing between herself and Damon, "We're just here to grab a bag, and then we'll be out of your hair." she said happily, taking a quiet sip.

Elena glared fiercely, her temper getting the best of her as she breathed deeply, "What is she doing here Damon?" she demanded angrily.

Damon took his time answering her, staying silent, walking over to Katherine leisurely and taking a drink before finally responding.

"What's it to you?" he asked, his tone indifferent as he looked at her in boredom.

Elena looked at him disbelievingly, her eyes filled with shock and indignation which he met with a look of disinterest.

He didn't owe her an explanation. She wasn't his keeper. He was a full grown single vampire, who didn't have to answer to anyone. Especially not baby vamps with hormonal imbalances. Ever since she'd turned a year ago, she'd somehow gotten even more annoying in telling him what to do.

"Damon, can I speak with you in the kitchen?" Elena asked, trying her hardest to swallow the hatred in her voice.

"Alone?" she added, sending a death glare toward Katherine before storming off into the kitchen.

Damon sighed heavily, rolling his eyes at how childish she was being. So he'd shown up with Katherine, so what? It wasn't worth all the teenage angst and drama.

"This won't take long. " he mumbled to himself.

"You." he said, turning and pointing to Katherine, Katherine blinking at him at the sudden calling out, "Stay here." he told her, not waiting for a response before turning and pointing at Stefan, "And you." he said, glaring at his brother lightly, "Get your feet off my favorite reading chair." he hissed.