The one and only

Twitter: (@)Datherinefic 💕💕
---
"Pretend we're happy, pretend we're fine. I guess that's easier after all this time. You talk about someone else and look in my eyes, but I know you still hold into us inside.." The hardest part by Nina Nesbitt
---
Katherine bit her lip, watching the obviously unhappy Salvatore beside her from the corner of her eye, sighing quietly. They'd been driving in a tense silence for hours now, the weird feel in the air was beginning to eat at her.

The silence itself wasn't so much the problem, Katherine didn't mind peace and quiet. It was the obvious bump in the road it would cause for her plan that was bothering her. If Damon wouldn't so much as speak to her, then any hope of a second chance was gone before the game began.

Katherine observed him curiously, his eyes hard and focused as he kept them on the road, but his mind was obviously far away. She watched as his eyebrow tightened, his lips twitching as though wanting to a snarl.

Something had happened back at the boarding house. That much was painstakingly obvious, if Damon's soured mood was anything to go by. Katherine waited a moment, debating whether or not to ask him about it, eventually she decided to bite.

"So are you gonna tell me what happened back there or.." she trailed off, looking to him for a yes or no, sighing when she was met with silence. He didn't stir, not even so much as a blink to show he had heard her as he just continued driving.

She rolled her eyes at him, "Fine." she said, opening up his duffel bag and pulling out a folded map and a black sharpie.

"Be moody." she finished, yanking off the pen cap and giving her attention to the paper in front her.

If she'd noticed some brochures for a little village in Italy, she pretended she didn't.

Damon looked at her,  his eyebrows furrowing as he watched her litter his map with a dozen tiny black circles.

"What are you doing?" he asked, Katherine not bothering to look up at him while she answered him, continuing to draw the little circles, "Circling the places we'll need to stop." she said, Damon's face twisting up confusedly.

"Stop?" he repeated, "For what?" he asked.

Katherine looked at him, scoffing a reply, "For food and rest and bathroom services." she told him obviously, Damon scoffing back at her.

"It 's called, the woods Katherine. And why so many?" he asked, taking the paper and gaping at all the scrunched up little markings, Katherine glaring at him for taking it from her.

"Because." she said, snatching the map back, giving him a pointed look as she continued.

"Need I remind you of the reason we're taking this little trip?" she asked him, "I'm human now." she told him, saying the words slowly as if he couldn't understand.

"I need food and sleep, to be a regular thing." she said her features morphing into a horrified expression.

"And you did not just suggest me going in the woods." she said in disgust, her nose wrinkling as she shuddered.

Damon smirked, "Why not?" he asked her teasingly, smiling as he leaned closer to her, "Nature Calls." he taunted, Katherine scowling at him as he chuckled.

"Or, don't tell me." he said, smiling "Is Katherine Pierce afraid of a 'Witto Waska-Wee Wabbit'?" he asked, jutting his bottom lip out in mockery.

Katherine scoffed, narrowing her eyes as she huffed indignantly, "No!" she told him, squinting, "I just need to use a real bathroom." she insisted, "Like a lady." she finished.