Chapter 28

Chapter 28

We all finished dinner and everyone was just conversating. I, not with Zayn, but with Zach. “I really don’t see how you can just sit there all day playing a game like it’s worth more than your life Zach. We’re all gonna need to get jobs someday or we’re gonna be evicted.” I said.

“Well while I don’t have a job, I’ll just be playing my game.”

“And I don’t want to wash your laundry Zach. We’re all grownups; we can all wash our own clothes.” I said.

“I’m sorry, I’ve just been-“

“Playing games. Maybe I should’ve gotten you something else for Christmas.” I muttered, starring at my fork. “Well tomorrow Marissa and I are heading to the place so we can get them and she can get her belly button pierced like me!” I squeaked.

“You have your belly button pierced I heard?” Zayn asked.

I ignored him and continued to talk to Zach. “You should come, get another tattoo with us. Not Hakuna Matata but something else… “I really do wish my birthday wasn’t in winter. I’ve always wanted to go to a beach club in my bathing suit for my 21st birthday. A nice drink with my boyfriend. Of course, I don’t have a boyfriend yet…sadly. But it doesn’t matter as long as I have you right, I mean you 3 are really my only friends left.” I said, biting my lip sadly. I pushed my hair behind my ear, and searched through my pockets for my phone which was now vibrating.

“Is that a new phone?” Zayn asked.

From Marissa:

You didn’t tell us you knew these famous people. I think Niall’s flirting with me, what do I do?

I busted out laughing from her text and showed it to Zach. We both leaned over the table to look at her. She was blushing…or she wasn’t. Marissa’s cheeks were always a rosy red so I wouldn’t know it she was embarrassed for just smiling too much. I looked at the time on my new I phone 5, I don’t know why I got it…it’s pretty much the same thing. It’s probably because when I went to change my number they peer pressured me into buying it. I’m no good under peer pressure. So I got a new phone, and number along with it. “Maybe we should be going home. Marissa and I are going job hunting tomorrow also.” I whispered in Zach ear.

“Of course.” He muttered. I slapped his arm playfully and he laughed quietly.

“Uhm…I’m sorry guys unfortunately we have to get going now…” I said, standing up. Everyone booed sadly. “Yeah, sorry. I have to do some…job hunting tomorrow and some other stuff about my wrist and…yeah we have to go because I’m their ride home.” I stepped from my seat and pulled up my jeans. I could never find the right pair of jeans now, I’m only getting skinnier, unfortunately. Zach, Xavier, and Marissa got up with me.

“Bye guys…see you on the flip side…or not.” I said that last part under my breath. It’s been so awkward, sitting next to Zayn all night after what happened between us. “Oh, and Merry Christmas to all of you.” I said awkwardly.

“Oh come on.” Zach wrapped his arm over my shoulders and led me out the door. I laughed, pushing my hair behind my ear.

“Sorry, I didn’t know what to say.” I said, looking up at him. He kissed my forehead.

“And that’s why we love you, because you’re so awkward.” He winked.

Zayn’s POV

I watched him kiss her head and hold the door open for her. She looked really happy with them, or him. If that’s her type, it’s whatever. At least I got to see her, and saw that she was perfectly ok. More than ok if I say. I just miss making her happy. I remember I used to make her smile and push her hair behind her ear. I remember her talking to me every chance she got, now she just ignores me when I try to be friendly. I’ve wanted to apologize to her for everything for the whole year I haven’t seen her. But it was kind of hard when she changes her number and moves away from everything.  Everything I said I regretted so badly. I regretted inviting her to that dinner that night, and I regret letting her run out like that. But I can’t say I regret marrying Perrie. I don’t know why but I feel like I’m stuck between loving Perrie and slowly falling in love with Reagan. I loved being her best friend and spending the night with her, seeing her laugh around on the floor and her talking endlessly while winging her legs back and forth on the counter. “ZAYN!” I jumped out of my thoughts.