Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The Holiday Season!

“Mom” I got my mother’s attention. I've been thinking for a while, about everything that has been going on. I've been having so much mixed emotions. From quilty, to happy, to sad, to mad, to just plain everything. 

“Yeah?” she asked, as she brushed the comb through my sister’s hair.

“So say, you met someone who had a girlfriend.” She stopped and looked up, eyeing me to continue. “And you guys kissed, but you didn’t know if to feel guilty or happy. Then you end up meeting the person’s friend and he starts to like you. But you’re starting to actually like the…person with a girlfriend.” She glanced around the room awkwardly. I could tell she was thinking about what to say.

"Is this about you?" Hunter asked. I ignored her question and looked back up to my mom.

“Well then,” She hissed. “Uhm, I don’t know what to say about that Reagan, because me myself, have never been in that position.” I pulled my left knee to my chest and rested my chin on the top.

“It’s not me by the way; just my job’s receptionist is looking for advice.” I lied. She starred at me intensely, ripping ever lie off my skin just with her eyes. “Anyways, I’m leaving in 11 days so how about we spend some time together tomorrow?” she shrugged her shoulders. My mom is the most laid back you’ll ever see. I couldn’t ask for a better family than the one I already have, honestly.

“Is the guy she’s dolling with name Zayn?” my mom asked.

“Nooooo” I laughed really hard just to make it seem like that was something funny.

“Bob, come on let’s go on the pink rollercoaster.” I started running, Bob following after me. We decided to go to Circus Circus today, and spend the whole day playing games, and riding rides.

“Wait! Reagan, Bob!” I stopped and turned around, my mom and sister running to catch up. “I forgot to say Reagan, Happy Birthday.” I smiled widely. Yes, today’s my 19th birthday, nothing special. It’s just December 28th. 

“Thanks, but there’s no need to get all jumped up in celebration. I just wanna have fun!” I exclaimed, skipping back.

“Ok, go ahead, Bob stay with her!” my mom waved us off. So the twins and I set off towards the pink roller coaster. I never really knew its actual name; everyone calls it the Pink Rollercoaster, because it’s a pink rollercoaster. My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I pulled it out.

“Oh, Bobby, Hunter wait!” I called after them. They both groaned, at the same time. I guess that’s what happens with biological twins. “Zayn?” I answered the call.

"Oh come on Reagan, we wanna ride rides!" they said at the same time. Really, what do you expect from twins...right?

“Oh hey…why is it so loud?” he asked.

“I’m currently at Circus Circus with my family and me and my twin brother and sister are about to go on the pink rollercoaster.” I rushed out quickly.

“Oh, sounds like you’re having a lot of fun now.” He sounded happy too. “I talked to Harry-“

“Really what happened?” I cut him off quickly.

“He was just like oh ok, I’ll calm down and blah blah.” I jumped in my spot and twirled around happily. “Why don’t you like him anyways?” Zayn asked

“I just don’t like the way he’s doing everything. I mean, I know I’m being kind of mean and all but it’s whatever. Maybe next time or something.” I slurred my words slightly. “But I’d rather just really not talk about it today!” I said happily, remembering it’s my birthday.

“Is today a special day? Why does it sound so nice?” he asked.

“It’s my 19th birthday Zayn!” I exclaimed.

“What? And you’re just now telling me?” he asked. I shrugged my shoulders, but then remember he couldn’t see me. “Wait, I have to sing happy birthday to you.” I sat down on a nearby bench with my siblings and put it on speaker.

“Listen to this.” I told them. They leaned in so they could hear over the loudness of the theme park.

“Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you!

 Happy Birthday dear Reagan. Happy Birthday to you.”

He finished nicely and my cheeks burned slightly. I took it off of speaker and held it to my ear. “Thank you.” I said.

“No thanks babe.”

"REAGAN, LET'S GO!" Bobby started tugging on my shirt.

“Zayn, I’m gonna have to call you back before the twins start to annoy me.” We both laughed hysterically.

“Why don’t you ever say bye?” Zayn asked just before I hung up.

“No reason,” I said before hanging up quickly.

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!” we both shouted through the phone. “I was just calling to say that, and you said it at the same time. But it sounds like you’re partying, so have a lot of fun and I’ll be here…having fun in the depths of my bed.” I can’t lie; I didn’t have a couple of drinks.

“Oh Reagan, you’re drunk aren’t you?” how’d he know everything? Is he like a wizard or something?

“No, I’m just really tired Zayn.” My eyes fell closed slowly.

“Goodnight love, see you on the 12th?” he asked.

“What’s on the 12th?” I asked him.

“You’ll see.” I pouted my lips at his answer. Why would he asked me to come and not tell me what it’s all about. I hung up slowly and fell back onto my pillows.